Is it possible to clear some of the entries from syslog?

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

See the following screenshot from the GUI:

image.thumb.png.3be446bcc59eb2135ee139388b1e8290.png

Once you have gotten filtered out the lines you don't want, you can print it out.

I doubt if a request was made to actually stop adding these lines into the syslog, I would not think such a request would even be considered.  The Developers and Gurus (who assist folks on the forum) often use those entries to figure out what is going.  Occasionally, there are some errors that introduce so many error messages that finding another problem becomes difficult because of all the 'noise'.  That usually requires addressing the 'noise' problem not hiding it!  Remember that messages that some process or device has started successfully is often useful when troubleshooting...

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

See the following screenshot from the GUI:

image.thumb.png.3be446bcc59eb2135ee139388b1e8290.png

Once you have gotten filtered out the lines you don't want, you can print it out.

I doubt if a request was made to actually stop adding these lines into the syslog, I would not think such a request would even be considered.  The Developers and Gurus (who assist folks on the forum) often use those entries to figure out what is going.  Occasionally, there are some errors that introduce so many error messages that finding another problem becomes difficult because of all the 'noise'.  That usually requires addressing the 'noise' problem not hiding it!  Remember that messages that some process or device has started successfully is often useful when troubleshooting...

I think you misunderstood my question I just like to know if its possible to remove some of the line entries from syslog like its stored somewhere in the file and I can just open the file and remove the line.