Can't reach drive 6 after power outrage

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Dear all, 

Two days ago I we had a power outrage and since then I can't get my unraid back and running. When I was looking I have noticed that drive 6 was showing RED like this "drive6?". I thought that my drive must have failed so I have replace it and performed "preclear" and data-rebuild. 

When I look at the df-h 

/dev/md1        238G  112G  126G  48% /mnt/disk1
/dev/md2        238G   34G  204G  15% /mnt/disk2
/dev/md3        1.9T  1.6T  233G  88% /mnt/disk3
/dev/md4        1.9T  1.5T  376G  80% /mnt/disk4
/dev/md5        1.9T  1.4T  478G  75% /mnt/disk5
/dev/md6        1.9T  1.5T  389G  80% /mnt/disk6
/dev/md7        1.9T  1.4T  467G  75% /mnt/disk7

Disk 6 shows 80% but when I look in /mnt/  disk 6 shows ' marks and when I enter the disk there is nothing there. 

drwxrwxrwx  4 nobody users  36 May  8  2022 disk1/
drwxrwxrwx  4 nobody users  42 Mar  5  2023 disk2/
drwxrwxrwx 13 nobody users 162 Jan 13 22:49 disk3/
drwxrwxrwx  6 nobody users  64 May  6  2022 disk4/
drwxrwxrwx  6 nobody users  64 Jan 13 22:49 disk5/
d?????????  ? ?      ?       ?            ? disk6/
drwxrwxrwx  9 nobody users 110 Dec  9 18:56 disk7/
drwxrwxrwt  2 nobody users  40 Jan 24 19:40 disks/

I have also attached my diagnostic file. 

Any idea how I can get my drive 6 back on-line. 

Thanks in advance. 

tower-diagnostics-20240124-2051.zip

50 minutes ago, Virakocha said:

Two days ago I we had a power outrage and since then I can't get my unraid back and running.

Bu the Diagnostics file begins on Dec 10th and the last entry is on Jan17th.  The ZIP file itself has today's date embedded in the file name.   What are you defining as a power outage and when did it occur?  Is your server on a UPS?  Did the server actually shutdown?   (From your description, I would have expected that the syslog would have started when you powered your server backup, it would contain recent bootup entries, and would show some recent events--- such a login from the GUI.)

Since you are using a RAID controller, there are no SMART reports on any of your drives.  (A common issue with RAID controllers...)

Hey Frank, 

So my setup is DELL poweredge R710. I don't have any UPS and power cut happened this Monday 22nd f Jan, twice. First one was at 6:00 then one more followed 1.5h later. Since Monday I have been struggling to get drive 6 back on-line. 

It could be that something has happened on 17th of Jan. I was on business trip so I can't really say that I have noticed anything unusual before. Since that I can't access VM Home assistant I would be sure that if this would happened on 17th I would know for sure.