2 Locations for 1 Share, how to fix this

Please see the attached screenshot, how can i fix this, cache_nextcloud is the only thing that should be there, i have double checked the nextcloud container settings and nothing is pointing to the main cache only to the new cache, the share it self is set to cache_nextcloud only as well.

How do i delete this? and will it delete my files to, inside that nextcloud folder some the of the files say the same thing they belong to both shares. If i go into cache > user > and delete Nextcloud share will it take the files with it that belong in both shares?

1888521674_ScreenShot2024-02-02at10_10_41AM.thumb.png.e14a5c63a9f23fb3513636b46ef48bb1.png

I hope this makes sense because is breaking my brain to be honest. Not sure how i made such a mess. I have plex running on its own cache drive too with its own share and this is not an issue, again, not sure how the nextcloud shares got like this but i just want to fix...

It is typical for a user share to exist on multiple disks, that is the whole point of user shares. And this is expected if it exists on multiple array disks, and maybe a single pool as well if the share is configured with Primary storage on a pool. Having a share on multiple pools is not necessarily a bad thing, but you can't get that way without changing pools for the share at some point.

You have a lot of warnings from Fix Common Problems. The particular problem you are asking about is this one:

Feb  2 09:22:10 Cloud root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share NextCloud set to use pool cache_nextcloud, but files / folders exist on the cache pool

But it is really no different than these others that you haven't asked about:

Feb  2 09:22:10 Cloud root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share appdata set to use pool cache, but files / folders exist on the cache_nextcloud pool
Feb  2 09:22:10 Cloud root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share domains set to use pool docker_vms, but files / folders exist on the cache pool
Feb  2 09:22:10 Cloud root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share system set to use pool docker_vms, but files / folders exist on the cache pool

And this share

t-p                               shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on cache_plex

Is configured to only store files on the array, but it only has files on cache_plex pool.

To be continued...

ah i see your right about all my cache, that i was clearly trying to redesign.

Can we focus on this one for a sec

Common Problems: Warning: Share NextCloud set to use pool cache_nextcloud, but files / folders exist on the cache pool

How would i fix that? it seems easy but like i said i seem to have the share itself pointing to the cache drive of cache_nextcloud and in the nextcloud container its pointing to the cache_nextcloud filesystem.

Here is the way you have these shares configured currently

appdata - Primary:cache; Secondary:none -     but some files are on cache_nextcloud

domains - Primary:docker_vms; Secondary:array; Mover:array->docker_vms -     but some files are on cache

Nextcloud - Primary:cache_nextcloud; Secondary:none -     but some files are on cache

system - Primary:docker_vms; Secondary:none -     but all of its files are on cache

You should make sure you have them configured the way you want. Also make sure you don't have some container pointing to a specific pool instead of to a user share.

Since you have Dynamix File Manager plugin, you can move these files that are in the wrong pool to where you want them, to get them to conform to the way you have them configured.

Just now, trurl said:

Nothing can move open files, so you will have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings.

Ok and thank you for the help and most importantly the patience, i had already moved these files prior to opening the ticket. Problem is the files still exist in the old locations but docker and VM is working FROM the new location, according to the paths in the settings.

So in theory, cant i skip the move part and just delete the duplicates?

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!

Ok its fixed lol, but talk about stressful, didnt know what i was gonan break aside from everything but i made some changes moved some files now everything is where i want them and none of those errors come up on fix common problems when i do a rescan.

I also realize that was a nightmare i created for myself but still not sure what i did wrong to get there.

Is it normal for the system to keep making shares on its own?

So part of the fix was i moved the nextcloud appdata from cache_nextcloud/appdata to cache_nextcloud/config and now i have a new share called config that i didnt create.

And of coarse if i delete it, there goes the files too, why did it make this a share? Further more it says the share is on array and not cache_nextcloud

Edited by thedinz
Just now, itimpi said:

Any top level folder on a drive or pool is automatically considered a share so the behaviour you got is what is expected.   

Ok fair enough, i just change it from array the proper cache drive and for now i will consider this resolved.