Array has 1 failed device- Swapped cases not sure its cause parity just needs to be processed or not.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

https://ibb.co/z2hYdzF

^ Link to screen capped photo -

have hba card - but i cant tell what device is failing, everything on the card is ssd and everything else is on mobo directly 

I changed over from a desktop tower previously due to poor air ventilation , plugged it in to the new case today and got this error, is this just cause parity needs to process?  the only error im seeing is the "invalid parity'  am i over analyzing this?  or its just parity needs to run?  I can access all the drives. i see them all in the menus

tower-diagnostics-20240206-0623.zip

is this what you needed? Not i ran this after a reboot.  I will send it if it crashes, I also bought new sata cables, after a few hours of running came back to the machine, in main everything was blank, reboot everything came back, dont remember running into this, last time i used unraid :< 

thanks! 

Edited by Marieon
relized i rebooted before getting the diag info and noticed that all drives were not showing in main.

Okay while i was gone it looks like the device rebooted x.x during parity 

https://ibb.co/xgsLvNX

, I wondering if its the parity drive is failing - everything says healthy, but Iv been running a extended smart test on the parity drive for over 30 mins and it hasnt passed 10 percent. 

hmm heres the dump, any advice is appreciated - the two 18 tb hdds are still under warranty/ can be swapped out.  

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20240207-0426.zip

15 minutes ago, Marieon said:

I wondering if its the parity drive is failing - everything says healthy, but Iv been running a extended smart test on the parity drive for over 30 mins and it hasnt passed 10 percent. 

That test increments in 10% intervals and you can assume something like 1 to 2 hours per TB.

• Upvote 1