Launching OS causes no display output

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hi all cross posting after a reddit reply suggested I'd get faster response on here.

I am trying to move to unraid from my little 2-bay synology but am running into a problem. Once I get to the Lime Tech. screen with OS, OS/GUI, etc. I select either OS or OS/GUI and the OS starts to load but then something happens and I get a no display output and my monitor just continuously flashes with the no output message.

Hardware:intel 12400

asrock z690 RS ddr4

TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16

HP 561T (for some reason this is showing up as a bootable drive in the bios. no idea why but I've just been ignoring it for now).

Edit: there are two HDD's installed at the moment and a 500gb nvme. Windows is installed on the nvme.

Intel virtualization and vt-d are turned on and I have the HDMI cord plugged directly into the mobo.

If any other info is needed just let me know. Thanks for any and all help!

33 minutes ago, trurl said:

Did it ever work? Or did something change and now it doesn't? 

No it never worked. I was trying to launch for the first time.

28 minutes ago, trurl said:

Have you tried without virtualization? 

I have not. It was my understanding that virtualization had to be turned on but I can give it a shot. 

30 minutes ago, trurl said:

Can you see if your router has given it an IP address? Maybe it is working headless and just the video output isn't for some reason? 

So I just realized I don't have it hooked up to my router yet. Because of my office setup the router is on the far wall and my monitors/desk are on the opposite. So it def. hasn't given it an IP address which may have been the problem? Will throw it on a cable and report back.

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Can you see if your router has given it an IP address? Maybe it is working headless and just the video output isn't for some reason? 

So this ended up being the problem. I did not plug an ethernet cable in. Soon as I did that, it started working no problem. Appreciate the help!