NEED HELP LOG KEEP CLIMBING UP EVEN AFTER RESTARTING

Hi, I don't know what's happening anymore. i tried googling around, some post say that my nvme broke down and etc but I can just use my docker as usual without any problem (dockers are in my nvme). I forgot where to copy diagnostics so I just screenshot all that i tried.

My CPU won't idle when this log happen.

2045091228_Screenshot2024-02-07000956.thumb.png.f62ba629538a5037058de6896e3eb853.png

Got this from reddit and I tried it (don't know what does it say about it)

2008354530_Screenshot2024-02-07004243.thumb.png.bb71e7a0973137564c8e01c7a618186f.png

I check this every few minutes and can confirm syslog keep climbing up

1665812698_Screenshot2024-02-07004447.png.b7fb4f88046db503905c008a4aff81b2.png

Appreciate if someone can help me. Is it my docker got corrupted or my nvme broke down?

Edited by akhisyahmi

Your syslog is full of messages along the lines of:

Feb  7 18:24:17 Paradyne kernel: critical medium error, dev nvme0n1, sector 193991280 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 2
Feb  7 18:24:17 Paradyne kernel: I/O error, dev loop2, sector 33488120 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 5 prio class 2

where the first line suggests a problem with your nvme drive, and the second one that docker.img (which is on the nvme drive) is corrupt so any docker will probably fail.

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Your syslog is full of messages along the lines of:

Feb  7 18:24:17 Paradyne kernel: critical medium error, dev nvme0n1, sector 193991280 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 2
Feb  7 18:24:17 Paradyne kernel: I/O error, dev loop2, sector 33488120 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 5 prio class 2

where the first line suggests a problem with your nvme drive, and the second one that docker.img (which is on the nvme drive) is corrupt so any docker will probably fail.

Can you check which docker is corrupted? Or I need to reinstall all of them after swapping with new nvme?

7 minutes ago, akhisyahmi said:

Can you check which docker is corrupted? Or I need to reinstall all of them after swapping with new nvme?

If the docker.img file is corrupt then you should assume that you need to reinstall all of them.   Easy enough to do via Apps->Previous Apps which puts back the binaries with previous settings intact.    However you will first need to put back the 'appdata' share contents if you want any of them to remember their state.

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If the docker.img file is corrupt then you should assume that you need to reinstall all of them.   Easy enough to do via Apps->Previous Apps which puts back the binaries with previous settings intact.    However you will first need to put back the 'appdata' share contents if you want any of them to remember their state.

So first of all I will need to copy all my appdata and remove all of my dockers and then recreate the docker back, pull new image and then paste old appdata content into it so that it will be back with the same settings and etc. 

Is this right? And about my nvme, is it going bad? Do I need to change to other nvme or not?

12 minutes ago, akhisyahmi said:

So first of all I will need to copy all my appdata and remove all of my dockers and then recreate the docker back, pull new image and then paste old appdata content into it so that it will be back with the same settings and etc. 

Is this right? And about my nvme, is it going bad? Do I need to change to other nvme or not?

Yes- although it is a case of putting the appdata share contents back onto the nvme drive (your wording implies putting into the docker.img file which would be wrong)!

13 minutes ago, akhisyahmi said:

And about my nvme, is it going bad? Do I need to change to other nvme or not

Not completely sure.   It is certainly misbehaving at the moment, but do not know the cause.  

5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

The test passed, but those still look like device errors to me, you can try backing up anything import and re-formatting the pool, if after that it keeps having errors I would replace the NVMe device.

Alright thanks for your respond. I will try that later on. Have a nice day sir.