Upgrading hardware - Mover not moving

So I am making the switch from a AMD system with a Nvidia GPU to an intel system with iGPU and i also want to replace my cache pool with larger drives. I "think" i have the share settings correct to move everything from cache to array but mover literally does nothing.

I have the docker service and VM's turned off so that no files should be in use, I have also rebooted the server.

When i try and run mover manually this is what i see in the logs emhttpd: shcmd (149): /usr/local/sbin/mover &> /dev/null & and nothing else.

Diagnostics attached.

blackbox-diagnostics-20240214-0848.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

Could not spot anything obviously wrong, but you need to make sure that you have disabled the docker and VM services under Settings as they keep files open which will stop them being moved.

BTW:  You have a lot of .cfg files in the config/shares folder on the flash drive for shares that currently do not exist.    Deleting these will tidy up that part of the diagnostics and make it easier to spot relevant information. 

Yeah i spotted the clean up button which removed alot of files.

I have also managed to start the move process by going into each of the shares that are on the cache drive and clicking the move now button.

Not sure why this button works and not the mover button on the main page.

image.png.0d5edf700c434d357e057afdd94045ef.png

6 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Yeah i spotted the clean up button which removed alot of files.

I have also managed to start the move process by going into each of the shares that are on the cache drive and clicking the move now button.

Not sure why this button works and not the mover button on the main page.

image.png.0d5edf700c434d357e057afdd94045ef.png

I suspect the mover tuner is causing the issue. move now per share is not a standard function. If you remove I think the mover will work.

1 hour ago, SimonF said:

I suspect the mover tuner is causing the issue. move now per share is not a standard function. If you remove I think the mover will work.

Ill give that a try once the current operation has completed.

Confirmed, mover tuning was the issue.
I removed the plugin and pressed the move button on the main page and low and behold it worked.

Edited by SavageAUS