Unable to access Undraid shares via Windows Explorer

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

Hey all, I need some help here. Having a bad tech day and feel like im banging my head against a wall.

I'm almost positive the missing share issue is on Windows end but I can't resolve it.

Windows Client:
Win10 Home Version    10.0.19045 Build 19045

SMBv1 enabled

insecure guest connections enabled in local group policy

Unraid Host:
OS 6.12.6

16GB Ram

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS 

Diagnostics attahced.

The only started over the last couple of days. I was originally running the server on an old HP EliteDesk with an intel CPU, then upgraded the Motherboard and CPU to the B550M and 3200G and added a second 2TB HDD over the weekend. Formatted the drive before install and then had Unraid do a pre-check (took a whole 24 hrs, is this normal?) and formatted the drive, so it is completely empty.

When I go to map the Media share in Windows Explorer, it doesn't see the unraid server at all. I tried manually entering the new IP for the server to map the drives, and windows can't see the IP via network mapping.

I can ping the server via cmd on the windows client no worries, and ping the windows client from the unraid console, so I know they have local connection. But I can't work out why I can't map it. Windows troubleshooting tool is no help as always.

I reviewed older posts and saw they mention making Unraid the local host. I installed the Dynamix Local Master plugin but this didn't seem to help the issue > have since uninstalled this again.

SMB settings:

4224965_Screenshot2024-02-25162157.thumb.png.49375b9a74f3e0b577a2d339b5e9afd0.png

Share settings:

617260966_Screenshot2024-02-25163810.thumb.png.200af90961e4b46182432dae04e80bbc.png

Edited by RancidGnar
  • Solution

See here:

image.thumb.png.a14930370aff978abc9f3170437b9d0b.png

If this doesn't work, you might want to try setting things up so that you are not fighting the security measures that both MS, Linux and Unraid are trying to implement to protect user data.   Read the first post in this thread and the attached PDF:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-10-smb-setup/

Granted that it takes some time to set things up but you will then not be playing wack-a-mole with trying to bypass security enhancements.

9 hours ago, dlandon said:

You need either NetBIOS or WSD enabled to be able to see your server on the network.  I'd recommend turning on WSD.

I tried this first and it did not resolve the issue so I moved onto the documentation provided by @Frank1940. Once I labelled my Ethernet network as Private and added the shortcut for the server, I could read and write via explorer again. Thanks both!