Can no longer build Docker images after update to 6.12.8

After updating, If I'm ssh'd into my UnRaid and I try to 'docker build...' It now fails with the error: ERROR: BuildKit is enabled but the buildx component is missing or broken. Install the buildx component to build images with BuildKit: https://docs.docker.com/go/buildx 

I can't add docker-buildx to /root/.docker/cli-plugins/ it saves but won't become executable. For now I just copy it into /usr/libexec/docker/cli-plugins/docker-buildx but that get's wiped anytime the box gets rebooted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Are we like the only weird-o's that were building docker images in unraid? :) Or are we just to only two that somehow broke their system lol. 

I haven't tried it yet but was thinking maybe I'll create a fresh install of the trial build on some random usb stick just to see if buildx works there and it's really just my issue or if its truly busted 😕  really dunno what else to do.  Is there someplace to submit bug tickets that I've totally overlooked somewhere? 

I was blind, https://account.unraid.net/troubleshoot going there allowed me to submit a support ticket. 

Edited by mbush78
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 5:23 PM, mbush78 said:

Are we like the only weird-o's that were building docker images in unraid? :) Or are we just to only two that somehow broke their system lol. 

I haven't tried it yet but was thinking maybe I'll create a fresh install of the trial build on some random usb stick just to see if buildx works there and it's really just my issue or if its truly busted 😕  really dunno what else to do.  Is there someplace to submit bug tickets that I've totally overlooked somewhere? 

I was blind, https://account.unraid.net/troubleshoot going there allowed me to submit a support ticket. 

Did you get any response on your support ticket?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 6:51 AM, mbush78 said:

ok, now I don't recall if I got an automated response. So I resubmitted, and this time, I have a response and I can see the support ticket. Will wait and see. Thanks.

Any news, just ran into this?

1 hour ago, Vyperious said:

Any news, just ran into this?

Yea, got this from @DanL via the support ticket I have

Hello,

It turns out it's pretty simple.  Here are the steps:

Upzip and put the attached executable in your '/flash/custom/' folder:

Add the following commands to a User Script that runs on first array start or to your go file.

# Install the docker buildx component cp /boot/custom/docker-buildx /usr/bin/ chmod +x /usr/bin/docker-buildx

Now the docker build command will be:

docker-buildx build...

Let me know if it works for you.  Works fine for me.

I'll work towards getting this built into Unraid.

Dan L

docker-buildx.zip