Error replacing key after changing boot drives on trial

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I am still on the trial and I moved boot drives. Can't start the array because Registration key / USB Flash GUID mismatch. When I try to replace the key I get this error:

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"KeyFile is not registered with Lime Technology - please contact support

You need to start with a blank flash drive, then create a new flash drive (eg: USB Creator).  Then boot with it and register it as a trial.

Trial keys cannot be transferred, and cannot have anything but the default settings etc on them when registering.  PAID keys do not have this limitation

IE: register the flash, re-assign your drives accordingly etc.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Squid said:

You need to start with a blank flash drive, then create a new flash drive (eg: USB Creator).  Then boot with it and register it as a trial.

Trial keys cannot be transferred, and cannot have anything but the default settings etc on them when registering.  PAID keys do not have this limitation

IE: register the flash, re-assign your drives accordingly etc.

Will I have to do a parity sync again? Also what about all my docker containers?

Edited by oliviacarmo
On 3/3/2024 at 12:44 AM, Squid said:

Docker containers will all be there and all still running.  Parity you can check off "Parity is already valid" when starting up the array.  IE: No data loss

Docker containers appear to be all gone along with the app data

7 minutes ago, itimpi said:

That implies that the drive that contained them is no longer present (or is not mounting.).

I decided to go back to the original boot drive and when I buy a key, I will move the boot drive. Thank you very much for your help anyway