Share Disappeared suddenly

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

• paulbmueller changed the title to Share Disappeared suddenly
  • Solution
50 minutes ago, paulbmueller said:

share mnt/user/Documents is no longer there

Are you sure it didn't get moved into another share?

Why do you have so many (45) shares? Have you been creating folders at the top level of disks? Top level folders on pools and array are automatically user shares.

Why do you have 325G docker.img? Default 20G is often more than enough, maybe a little more if you have a lot of containers. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Making it larger is not the fix for this. Usage shouldn't be growing.

Why are your docker and VM related files on the array? Ideally, these would all be on fast pool such as cache, so Dockers/VMs will perform better, and so array disks can spin down since these files are always open.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

First of all thank you very much!!

Regarding your first question. 

If found it with "find / -type d -name ..... it has been moved to "docker-global" a share if created for docker container. Thank you so much!

Why do I have so many shares?

I didn't know that they are automatically regarded as shares but I also created a lot of shares for different users. 
I would like to have a few "public" shares maybe such as "Archive" or even "Minecraft" but each user should have a "Home" It would be nice if Folders under "Home-User1" could be Shares. (I don't know if this is a good idea Synology DSM uses a "Home-System" I like) 

Why do you have 325G docker.img? 

Because docker containers such as crafty ran out of space, which led to even more problems so I have raised the limit from 250 gb which wasn't enough to 325GB. 
I think I have found one big problem. For a lot of containers, I configured them such as here for crafty (Minecraft-Server-Manager). 

Why are your docker and VM related files on the array?

Because my cache drive is only 256GB and my two main drives on for parity are both 4TB. I know this is not how i should be doing this. 

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-03 um 19.40.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-03 um 19.40.23.png

Edited by paulbmueller
better readability