6.12.8 Flash Drive Failure - Can't boot

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

First time posting, so please be patient... It's unclear if I had some sort of power outage or just a general crash, but was greeted with a startup error and I'm not able to boot my unraid server or get a diagnostic dump.  I'm using an i5 Nuc, 16 GB Sandisk flash drive and have been on 6.12.8 for a few days.  If I attempt to reboot, about half the time I get a "A bootable device has not been detected" error.  The other half of the time unraid attempts to start but fails at the bzfirmware checksum (see attached image).  I'm guessing I just need to go buy a new flash drive and attempt a restore?  I'm honestly not sure if I backed up after the 6.12.8 upgrade or just before it.  I did try the flash drive in different usb ports and tried booting into safe mode.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

20240304_105256.jpg

Edited by kelliott_72
broken image
  • Solution

You might want to consider following the procedure documented here in the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  In addition every forum page has a DOCS link at the top and a Documentation link at the bottom.   The Unraid OS->Manual section covers most aspects of the current Unraid release.

Just wanted to say thanks to @itimpi and @trurl. Ultimately, it appears my thumbdrive was just completely dead.  I tried several utilities on both linux and win and couldn't get anything at all read off of it, nor could I reformat as it was marked as read-only.  After replacing the thumbdrive and reinstalling from backup, I'm back up and running!