Pulling a new docker container hoses my system | Version 6.12.8 2024-02-15

What I was able to observe:  

• Tried to install a new container (beets, 100ish MB) 
  • Container downloaded quickly (gigabit connection) 
  • 10 minutes passed to get to this: image.png.7d59c9553107ecce11d5d32d16a51aff.png
  • A few minutes later, it finally finished.   During all of this, my server webui was super unresponsive.   It's been happening a lot lately, I'm wondering if it's anything to do with recent Unraid OS updates (as I don't remember this issue before them, but that is pretty subjective)
  • The container shows up in the gui as not knowing if it's up to date or not.  If I force update it, it then figures it out.  Force update happens pretty quickly as (I'm guessing) all downloaded/extracted items are cached. 

Diagnostic logs attached.   I'm kinda at a loss here. 

nimbus-diagnostics-20240316-1046.zip

Edited by tiny-e
  • tiny-e changed the title to Pulling a new docker container hoses my system | Version 6.12.8 2024-02-15

I'm seeing this as well since updating to 6.12.8. Looks like at least some of my containers are considerably more slow/unresponsive as well. And like you the unraid webui is unresponsive whenever updating a container and takes longer time then usual.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply -- It is:

image.png.33064842e2f3d91d473ed12a59bcf6af.png

image.thumb.png.f977c546896122dbd036b75d6b74190a.png

You know, the cache was originally part of a ZFS pool, and one drive died and I've yet to replace it.   Could that be the issue?   If so, can I un-pool the cache temporarily until I have a replacement in place? 

Edited by tiny-e

Wouldn't know. Is the cache working as expected otherwise?

Also it seems you're using an XFS Docker image, can't make use of the features of the default btrfs, might be contributing. Was there a specific reason to change the default?