Shares will periodically make me re-authenticate.

Hey everyone,

Seems like every few days, I have to re-log into my network shares (shares from Unraid).

I've tried my root account and my share account.

Remember credentials does nothing.  

In fact it doesn't even remember my password so I can just click OK next time.

Has anyone come across this before? 

Or is this normal behavior?

Thanks for any info!

image.png.915ddf7a66c1a4db88582297c25d87ca.png

Under the Unraid    Users   tab, You should have set up a 'Share Access' user with a password.    Then, for each Unraid Share, you should assign the user's access rights for that share--- 'No access', Read-only, or Read/write.   Now when you are presented with the screen that you have posted above, enter the user-name and password.  Then check the "Remember my credentials" box and click "OK".  

If you want more information about what is going on, read this post and PDF attachments:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-10-smb-setup/#comment-1009109

Hope this helps...

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

Under the Unraid    Users   tab, You should have set up a 'Share Access' user with a password.    Then, for each Unraid Share, you should assign the user's access rights for that share--- 'No access', Read-only, or Read/write.   Now when you are presented with the screen that you have posted above, enter the user-name and password.  Then check the "Remember my credentials" box and click "OK".  

If you want more information about what is going on, read this post and PDF attachments:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-10-smb-setup/#comment-1009109

Hope this helps...

Hey brother, appreciate you trying to help.

However I already have shares set up with correct access.

I can access these shares no problem.

My only issue is every few days, connecting to these shares asks for my password again.

And just to reiterate, "Remember my credentials" does in fact not remember my credentials when it prompts me again.

Just now, DevanteWeary said:

My only issue is every few days, connecting to these shares asks for my password again.

And just to reiterate, "Remember my credentials" does in fact not remember my credentials when it prompts me again.

Have you checked in Windows Credentials Manager that it has the password stored for your username accessing the Unraid server?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Have you checked in Windows Credentials Manager that it has the password stored for your username accessing the Unraid server?

Looks like it is stored in there after all.

I guess it's just not applying to the authenticate dialog. 

And still for some reason asks me to re-auth once in a while.

2 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

You are not using both \\<Server-IP-address> and \\<server-Name> to access the server?  (Use one or the other exclusively.  Not both at different times.)

Using the IP address.

Been using Unraid for about a year I'd say and for the first couple of months, I could access by server name.  

Then one day it stopped letting me so from then on all I could do is use IP.

But that's another issue! ha