Out of memory errors detected on your server

Hi,

i just recently got out of memory errors on my server causing the iobroker docker container to stop working.

This has happen in the past a couple of times but a reboot fixed it. Yesterday i had time to update everything and hoped the error could be gone but its worst than before. At least i hope someone can help me better now with everything up to date.

Thanks in advance

host-diagnostics-20240331-1052.zip

1 hour ago, John321 said:

iobroker docker container

Nothing jumps our at me in the logs, check to see if any of the adapters are filling up /tmp or you can try limiting the RAM available to the container. And/or disable un-needed plugins to see if the problem goes away.

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2024 at 1:07 PM, Michael_P said:

Nothing jumps our at me in the logs, check to see if any of the adapters are filling up /tmp or you can try limiting the RAM available to the container. And/or disable un-needed plugins to see if the problem goes away.

THX for your reply and sry for my late response.

The container is already limited to 4GB and that does not help.

There are no unneeded plugin or service running.

I´m running the node exporter that throws everything in grafana - but i cant see any problems here.

But what i see is that the error appears when the unraid backup task is running.

this time everything was running for 9 Days perfectly fine - this issue is driving me really crazy :(

Any other suggestions or ideas where to have a look on?

1 hour ago, John321 said:

Any other suggestions or ideas where to have a look on

The reaper is killing the same process, but it doesn't look like it's using a terribly large amount of RAM at the time. If it happens during backup, disable dockers and plugins one at a time until you find the culprit.

Also, make sure whatever backup process you're using isn't using RAM as a temporary filesystem