New to Unraid and a laps in judgement purchase of plus vs pro

Im very new to Unraid, Im a TrueNAS user and wanted to switch one of my environments to Unraid, I purchased Unraid on the 26 and due to a lack of founds, had to purchase plus. I was unaware of price changes and figured I could pay the difference between Plus and Pro, I also thought I would be able to reduce my drive count, However soon found that not to be true. Im now having to pay $69 to upgrade, Was hoping there would be some help from Unraid in a case like mine to help get an upgrade to Pro. Any assistance would be amazing. Thank you kindly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Precisely the same issue, when trying something new you will come in at the base level to be sure that it is what you need, then boom, ridiculous percentage price increase. Only jumped on the Unraid wagon 2 months ago with the starter using 6 disks. Now if I want to go to plus I have to double up what I originally paid for goodness sake, not the best experience to start with on Unraid. How you can justify doubling the price I paid 8 weeks ago just to attach a few more drives storage is beyond me. Would have paid the initial $39 dollars readily to upgrade but came too early after I started using the server and seeing if it was right for me long term. But $59 leaves a very bad taste in the mouth now that they have me hooked into the ecosystem. Seems new users like us at the very back end of the old system pricing have been royally shafted.

Edited by MoonT

@enJOyIT Clearly you didn't read my post in it's entirety, or the point I am making has just gone whoosh right over your head. Both the OP and I came into the Ecosystem just prior to the announcement on license changes and by the time you can decide if the system truly meets your needs the price has been changed.

Spoiler

It's a matter of timing, so rather than just being a clever dick, read the post first.