HDDs not mounting or formatting

Please Please Help! i setup unraid recently and its been running fine, i added 3 more drives to the array and one extra to an existing pool.

the array has cleared both drives and currently doing the 3rd (i added this in after) 

for some reason none of the drives will mount? not even the separate drive i added to an existing pool

i have also clicked the format option several times (with the check box) and it just re appears (going round in circles!) 

any ideas? these are all brand new hard drives, i have tested them in my computer before hand and all work fine.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 181926.png

So i checked the SATA cables both power and data and all seated fine. i did notice that i had these 3 new drives connected to a PCI SATA extension card (my motherboard only has 6 ports) so i swapped out the cache drive SATA data cable with the one from the new 6TB (embymedia2) drive which previously had a red X and would not format or mount.

so this drive was now connected to the motherboard as apposed to the PC extension card.

rebooted and this drive is now working currently a BTRSF operation is running (im assuming its sorting out the drive to work with the existing?) 

the other drives disk 3 and 4 which still display unmountable are connected to the PCI extension card so i guess this is my problem? the card could be faulty on certain ports possibly?

if the case i will get a replacement, are there any you guys recommend, i would literately need it for these 2 extra drives as i do not plan to add any more.

thanks in advance

11 hours ago, codemasterb said:

the other drives disk 3 and 4 which still display unmountable are connected to the PCI extension card so i guess this is my problem? the card could be faulty on certain ports possibly?

It could be, strange that there aren't any errors, disks are apparently formatted but no filesystem is found after.

Just a quick update, the BTRFS has finished and now both drives working fine. i have had a look about what sata cards work with unraid and found one others have had success with so will be ordering that and then connecting these 2 drives in my array to see if that solves the issue

• Like 1

Update: New SATA card arrived and installed all drives now formatted and working! thanks for all your help guys. This is the card i bought if it helps anyone else out with similar problems!

10Gtek PCIe SATA Card 6 Port with 6 SATA Cables and Low Profile Bracket, 6Gbps SATA3.0 Controller PCI Express Expansion Card, X4, Support 6 SATA 3.0

• Like 1