Installed New HDD and can't boot afterwards

Go to solution Solved by uudo,

Posted (edited)

tower-diagnostics-20240506-1237.zipI added a new HDD today and upon reboot it appears to be hanging on the following line at 12:12:48 network: reload service nginx

May  6 12:12:38 Tower root: Starting Nginx server daemon...
May  6 12:12:39 Tower root: Starting [email protected]
May  6 12:12:39 Tower root: Watch Setup on Config Path: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg
May  6 12:12:39 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (29): /etc/rc.d/rc.flash_backup start
May  6 12:12:39 Tower flash_backup: flash backup disabled, exiting
May  6 12:12:39 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (29): exit status: 1
May  6 12:12:39 Tower avahi-daemon[6208]: Service "Tower" (/services/ssh.service) successfully established.
May  6 12:12:39 Tower avahi-daemon[6208]: Service "Tower" (/services/smb.service) successfully established.
May  6 12:12:39 Tower avahi-daemon[6208]: Service "Tower" (/services/sftp-ssh.service) successfully established.
May  6 12:12:39 Tower unraid-api[7722]: ✔️ UNRAID API started successfully!
May  6 12:12:40 Tower SysDrivers: SysDrivers Build Complete
May  6 12:12:48 Tower network: reload service: nginx
May  6 12:16:44 Tower elogind-daemon[1378]: Power key pressed.
May  6 12:16:44 Tower elogind-daemon[1378]: Powering Off...
May  6 12:16:44 Tower elogind-daemon[1378]: System is powering down..

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, I should say I can boot into safe mode just fine.

Edited by uudo
14 minutes ago, uudo said:

EDIT: Also, I should say I can boot into safe mode just fine.

That would mean it's one of your plugins that crashes. Remove things that may depend on disks, like disk location which recently went abandoned and needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled to work with current unraid.

28 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That would mean it's one of your plugins that crashes. Remove things that may depend on disks, like disk location which recently went abandoned and needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled to work with current unraid.

I renamed all .plg files to .plg.bak but still having the same issue, and same final line in syslog (prior to reboot)

Just now, uudo said:

Can I just delete everything in the plugins folder?

Some plugins are now part of core Unraid so not sure if that is safe.    What you could do is replace the plugins folder contents with the content from a ZIP download of the Unraid release to get the default setup.

8 hours ago, itimpi said:

Some plugins are now part of core Unraid so not sure if that is safe.    What you could do is replace the plugins folder contents with the content from a ZIP download of the Unraid release to get the default setup.

So I copied the plugins in, still couldn't boot into normal mode, though I can boot into the GUI mode. Though when in GUI mode it isn't connecting to the network.

• Solution

I found the issue... My network cable died while swapping hardware (I must have pulled a wire loose or something). So, thanks for the time and energy, much appreciated all!