media/tv folder duplication

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. A couple days on my Unraid server in the share media/tv folder, I have been getting empty duplication of tv shows folder. This is happing over night (06:06). My syslog doesnt show me anything. I  have only one script that run at 01:00. 

Give us the screen shot for these two commands:

ls -al /mnt/user/data

ls -al /mnt/user/data/media

And what you mean by 'duplication'?  (Give example or show in the screenshots)  Note that Linux is case-sensitive.   New.txt   and  new.txt    are two separate files in Linux whereas in Windows, they are one file. 

Posted (edited)

You still have not shown us the problem!  (You should be able to see the pattern for   ls -al   command.  Continue down the tree until you get to the spot with the duplicates and don't cut all off the file names when you do the screenshots!)

EDIT:  What is 'media director'?

Edited by Frank1940
Posted (edited)

image.png.fc3bc6b02e152fa971068c6dac204ca4.png

I assume this is what you are talking about.  

There is nothing wrong with Unraid doing what it is doing.   Both of these entries have different names---  ShoGun vs  Shogun.  (I can't do the mark over the 'o')   Your problem is being caused by whatever is generating these directories.

By the way, as I pointed earlier,  Linux would accept ShoGun and Shogun ( the case of the 'g' makes them different!) as valid names for two different directories/files.  Windows would not allow you to create the second variation-- it would complain that the directory/file already exists.  If Linux were generated to such files, and you access from a Windows computer using SMB, you would only see one of them.  They other one would be completely invisible!

Edited by Frank1940

I guess you arnt understanding what my issue. In my screen shot show folders that  I I alrady have in media/tv. So there is problem unraind with duplication. This problem has recent started. I'm not sure why these additional folder are being created. Normally there should show movies, tv, audiobook, music and music video folder and nothing elso.

The problem is with one of your containers that is organizing the content. Check the mappings and where the applications are sending the media in relation to the mapping. For example, if your container has a folder /data mapped to /mnt/user/data, make sure the application is pointed to /data/media and not just /data.

There is no way for me to tell you exactly which container, mapping or application path is the issue, you will need to examine them one at a time to confirm they are pointed to the correct location.