after upgrade: flash drive not showing up, gui not loading

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Posted (edited)

I upgraded to the newest version of UNRAID (6.12.9) ... I feel ridiculous that I didn't take exact note of which version It was before the upgrade, .. but I'm pretty certain it was something like version 6.6.x ... or 6.3.x (sorry for the bad memory) ... 

System boots up fine (and I see all my mapped drives okay) .. so UNRAID appears to have started okay (and all seems to work fine) ...

[ Problem 1 ]

When I navigate to the folder structure within windows file browser ( \\10.85.1.2 ) .. I see all my shared folders just fine, but the Flash drive is now not showing up here (It used to).   I had read something about the flash drive maybe needing a repair.  The flash drive is mounted inside the case (it's a big case and took me a while to remove from my rack, open up, remove and mount into windows 10) .. windows declared it was fine.  I did a repair anyway (response declared that there were no issues).

[ Problem 2 ]

Web GUI will not load in browser

Here is a copy of a syslog today

syslog.zip

diagnostics.zip

Edited by mediarif

okay.  here is what I just did:

1.  I removed the USB drive. 

2.  Created a full backup of all the files.

3.  Formatted the drive.

4.  Downloaded, extracted and copied the latest purely clean UNRAID update (6.12.10) to the USB drive

5.  Copied the [ config ] folder from the backup to the USB drive.

6.  Ran "make_bootable.bat" as administrator (windows 10)

7.  re-inserted the USB drive and booted the system.

UNRAID seems to start up fine (I am able to see all my drives okay, etc) ... though, the flash drive is still not visible and the GUI is still not loading.

Is the diagnostics.zip still missing key files?

diagnostics.zip

• 2 weeks later...

After doing this, it worked ... I just went ahead and rebuilt the raid as it was before (didn't take too long).   I was also able to publish the flash drive out as a share just fine.  So all issues now fixed.  (thank you so much)

• Like 1