Accessing Disks in Secondary Array (pool)

Hello, how can I access data (mount?) on a single disk within a pool without removing them from the pool or stopping the array?

I have an "ssdpool" which is a secondary pool to my primary. I have two old, nasty disks and I wanted to replaced them. I wanted to first mount them and move the contents off so that when I insert the replacement I can move the data back. I was hoping to be able to browse the data on these specific devices while the array was still on but I cannot figure out how to do this. 

image.thumb.png.0aa2358028dcd9ae4f87f08ac37acba5.png

So you should be able to replace one drive at a time and have it be rebuilt, if you're lucky because btrfs RAID5/6 are still considered "experimental" and not reliable.

There is no "mounting a single disk to move its contents" since all data is spread across all drives.

You don't need brtfs for encryption either.

Edited by Kilrah

that makes sense, honestly -- I forgot it was RAID5 until you asked the question.

I'm trying to replace 2 drives with 1 larger drive. Those two vertex drives out and one 2tb ssd in. I get the replacing of one drive at a time but how to rebuild it after I permanently remove the second drive? Thanks again for your help.

ok, so if I take this opportunity to rebuild the pool in the "recommended way" what is that recommended way if I want encryption? The data stored on this pool is not critical if there are failures as all the critical data is regularly backed up to the array...if there's a safe, recommended way to create an encrypted ssd drive pool I'd love to implement it.