I gotta vent!

I ordered and saslp and 2 3ware fwd breakout cables. I pd for express shipping which took a couple days, but that is not beef. I install the card with the first set of cables and no drives are detected I pull the original packaging from that set of cables out of the trash and notice that it was not in a sealed bag but a glad sandwich bag by the looks of it. Sure enuff I open the other (sealed) set of cables and plug those in and bootup and voila my drives are detected at the card level and found in unraid.

I absolutely hate when a company gets something back as defective repackages it and ships it out again without even testing it by the looks of it. Now! I have to package and ship a 19$ cable back to BC and get it replaced, so the 19$ cable will cost upwards of 30$ by the time it's done. Glad at least I got them to price match the card and cables. This was my first time ordering from ncix, I am now not sure if I will again.  After having two WD 3TB fail on the same preclear (different supplier) this is just the icing on the cake I guess.

Dave

hey all,

well I calmed down now -  ;D, I will call them tomorrow (3 hour time difference) pac vs est time and see what they will do after getting the pics. I am sure they will look after the situation. On another note, I moved my 2 WDEARS 2TB drives onto the saslp and added the replacement 3TB's onto the boards 6GB ports and started to pre-clear them both, and so far so good 9 hours + in they are 25 and 26% zeroing at 36 and 39 degrees at 106 and 111 MB/s with no funny noises, but by brand new hitachi 2T 7K200 got half way through preclear and spun down with some funny noises, I can actually hear something rolling around inside the drive so it's going for rma, It was a back up drive I got about a year ago and never opened.

Thanks,

Dave

Archived