Crashes after upgrade to 6.12.11

Hi,

After upgrade to version 6.12.11 my unraid crashes all the time. Running time is random but usually after few minutes crashes and I need to hard shutdown.

I do not have clue how to fix it. I even do not know where to start and how to troubleshoot. Can someone help please?

Hi.

I have attached the file.

I noticed when Docker Containers are disabled system is not crashing.

I was turning dockers on one by one and when I started Deluge, after few minutes system crashed.

Maybe that has any connection with USB network card (Bus 004 Device 002 Port 4-1 ID 0bda:8156 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. USB 10/100/1G/2.5G LAN). 

I did upgrade from 6.12.6.

I have plugin RTL8156(B) RTL8157 USB Drivers installed.

zion-diagnostics-20240723-2322.zip

Jul 23 06:50:16 Zion kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1 (r8152): transmit queue 0 timed out
Jul 23 06:50:16 Zion kernel: r8152 4-1:1.0 eth1: Tx timeout
Jul 23 06:50:16 Zion kernel: r8152-cfgselector 4-1: reset SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
Jul 23 06:50:16 Zion kernel: r8152 4-1:1.0 eth1: Promiscuous mode enabled

Looks like a NIC problem, try without the Realtek driver or with a different NIC.

• 1 month later...

Hi @JorgeB

If I remember correctly I had USB NIC connected with drivers installed (it is working but is not stable and crashes system randomly). Then I removed driver. Reboot. No access to server. Turn off server. That should be in prevoius syslog. Then I changed USB port. Turn on server. No access. Disconnect network cable from USB Adapter and connect to internal NIC. That should be visible in current syslog.

zion-diagnostics-20240827-1100.zip