Large data transfer. Temporarily disable cache vs user0?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I need to move around 43TB from Synology NAS to the Unraid array. There is an existing user share with cache enabled. 
Should I disable cache temporarily to write directly to the disk array or should I write to user0 without changes to the cache settings. 
Are there any differences between the two options?

You could also write to the /mnt/user path (using the cache) as long as you have set a value for the Minimum Free Space for the cache pool to be larger than the biggest file you expect to transfer so it does not get too full.

The time you get a speed advantage during initial load is when you have no parity drive yet assigned.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, itimpi said:

You could also write to the /mnt/user path (using the cache) as long as you have set a value for the Minimum Free Space for the cache pool to be larger than the biggest file you expect to transfer so it does not get too full.

The time you get a speed advantage during initial load is when you have no parity drive yet assigned.

I don't want to fill up the cache as I have other docker containers writing and reading new data on other user share. I think I will use user0 to do the transfer.