Need a low budget mainboard with 6 sata ports and 3tb support

Hi,

sorry for the question but my old motherboard is broken and now i  need fast a new mainboard. I now have a Biostar A760G M2+. It´s a great mainboard but now where it goes broken i want to buy a new one which have also 6 sata ports onboard and 3 tb hdd support. Is there any AM2 mainboard with this specification ? so i could use my old cpu. If not is there a recommendation for a full unraid supported low budget mainboard with this features ?

Greets

Eisi

@prostuff1

Thanks for your hint, it´s a great side. The ASUS M4A78LT-M where my mainboard but i could get it anymore. The other mainboards from your side have all only 4 sata ports onboard, but i need a mainboard with 6 port onboard and 3 tb support. Why 6 ports ? So i could use my ol 6 1,6 tb hdd without to buy an extansion card.

Greets

Eisi

@prostuff1

Thanks for your hint, it´s a great side. The ASUS M4A78LT-M where my mainboard but i could get it anymore. The other mainboards from your side have all only 4 sata ports onboard, but i need a mainboard with 6 port onboard and 3 tb support. Why 6 ports ? So i could use my ol 6 1,6 tb hdd without to buy an extansion card.

Greets

Eisi

Try this one:

http://greenleaf-technology.com/blogs/softwareandhardware/index.php?id=4240835293582625735

If all you need is to use the 3TB as storage and not a boot drive the Asrock a785gm-le would work. It supports AM3/AM2+/AM2, 6 sata ports, 2 sticks DDR2 RAM. It only has one PCIEx16 slot, so if you are planning on a monster build this board won't do it. It'll do 14-16 drives though.

I use this MB in what use to be my server/HTPC, and it performs solidly.

• 2 weeks later...

Sata2 can use 3TB hard drives as storage. In fact a lot of 3TB hard drives on the market are Sata2. And Sata2 can use 3TB as boot drives as long as the motherboard bios supports EFI or UEFI, and you are using a 64Bit version of windows vista or 7, or most versions of linux.

So, does this mean that I can use 3tb drive with my Biostar A750G M2+? with a compatible expansion card?

Sata2 can use 3TB hard drives as storage. In fact a lot of 3TB hard drives on the market are Sata2. And Sata2 can use 3TB as boot drives as long as the motherboard bios supports EFI or UEFI, and you are using a 64Bit version of windows vista or 7, or most versions of linux.

So, does this mean that I can use 3tb drive with my Biostar A750G M2+? with a compatible expansion card?

most likely

Unless you are utilizing it for something else, a PCI ethernet card works. The standard PCI bus handles 133 MB/s, gigabit is 128MB/s, so not much overhead, but others here use one so it should be fine.

Just another thought if you don't want to get another board.

I didn't want to do that, but I also want to build a bigger server.  Probably buy a supermicro mobo plus other things.  So, at the moment I've decided to buy an Intel NIC or something better than the Realtek NIC my mobo has, and save some $$$ for the bigger and better server.  Thanks for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

@GFOviedo

sorry for late answer. I did´nt buy a new board at the moment. First i thought that my biostar A760M2+ was out of order. I have the same problem like you with network. But i find a solution for my problem. When i insert the network cable after booting all works fine. If i boot with network cable insert i have no net.

So i have a little bit mor time to search for a new board.

Greets

Eisi

@GFOviedo

sorry for late answer. I did´nt buy a new board at the moment. First i thought that my biostar A760M2+ was out of order. I have the same problem like you with network. But i find a solution for my problem. When i insert the network cable after booting all works fine. If i boot with network cable insert i have no net.

So i have a little bit mor time to search for a new board.

I ended up buying a PCI Intel pro giga nic and fixed the issue for my mobo.