Cannot add users to unraid

I am using unraid v5b14 and all is well. I never used a security scheme in 4.7.

I would now start to use security and am trying to add users, unfortunately that does not appear to work.

If I select the user tab I see the root user, adding a user seems to work fine but the list continuous to only show the "root" user (ofcourse also after refreshing), the users also do not show up under the shares menu if I set security to "secure".

All added up the users do not seem to get created. Could there be some file permission thing going on underneath making something not saveble ?

All help is appreciated !

try all lower case and there are some characters that can not be used in the password.

Djeezz... that was it... If you create a user starting with a capital it just does not get created ?  I have created one in all lowercase and it works.. That is something to get gixed in the userinterface I would guess (or at least have a remark on the page). But !  Happy to see it worked !

• 11 months later...

I know this is not a big issue but very annoying that we cannot create users starting with capital letter. Couple of reasons for the frustration :-

1) There is no help available for this on any wiki

2) This can be simply improved either by removing this restriction or displaying some message in add user screen.

2) This can be simply improved either by removing this restriction or displaying some message in add user screen.

The restriction cannot be removed - as far as I know it is built into Linux!

I agree though that the GUI should either warn you about it, or automatically convert any user name supplied to lower case.

I know this is not a big issue but very annoying that we cannot create users starting with capital letter. Couple of reasons for the frustration :-

1) There is no help available for this on any wiki

agreed, send a strongly worded, but concise complaint to [email protected]

It has been a issue forever.  (and all it needs is a tiny javascript error check for the allowed character set)

Joe L.

Archived