Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please help welcome Alex and Scott to the Unraid team!

Featured Replies

Hey Unraiders,

Unraid's been growing behind the scenes, and we wanted the community to be the first to know: we've added two new people to the team, and if you've been around the homelab world for a while, one of them might already look familiar.


Alex Kretzschmar

Head of Product Marketing

Alex Kretzschmar  .jpeg

aka @ironicbadger around these parts

I first discovered Unraid more than a decade ago, drawn to its support for mismatched drive sizes, plugin architecture, power-saving design, approachable user experience, and unusually helpful community. Before long, I was compiling kernels and making Unraid run in places it probably wasn't meant to, contributing to early community experimentation around virtualization, GPU passthrough, and Docker.

Docker changed the paradigm, but there was a distinct lack of good documentation around it in those early days, which led me to co-found LinuxServer.io with jonnym0e and lonix, where I focused on establishing conventions and making complex technology easier to understand. Now I've come full circle, bringing more than a decade of experience across open source, self-hosting, developer education, enterprise, networking and technical media back to Unraid. My goal is to make Unraid best in class not only for power users, but for people who simply want their server to just work — the ultimate platform for self-hosters.

I live in Raleigh, North Carolina, with my wife Catherine, daughter Ella, and our dog Archie (named after my favorite Linux distro, btw). Outside work, I play guitar and drums, build unnecessarily elaborate home servers, and spend far too much time playing with cameras.

You may already know Alex from LinuxServer.io or his YouTube channel, ktzsystems — he'll be leading the charge on product marketing and release content.


Scott Schwartz

Head of Operations and Automation

Scott Schwartz.jpeg

aka @Scott S around here.

Raconteur, neuroscience nerd, middling pickleballer, and Swiss Army knife, ready to solve problems and make some dad jokes along the way.

I'm an operations leader who turns chaotic, manual workflows into documented, scalable processes, then builds the automation and tracking systems that keep them running. For more than 20 years, I've worked at the intersection of operations, engineering, and data, often serving as the strategic operator founders and executive teams rely on when growth begins to outpace process.

I do my best work in early-stage and high-growth companies, where I can dig into a broken workflow, uncover what's slowing people down, and build a practical solution. At Unraid, I'm bringing that approach to our internal operations, helping create the systems, automation, and visibility we need to scale without losing what makes the company work.


Please join us in giving Alex and Scott a warm Unraid welcome. We're excited to have them aboard for all of the exciting plans ahead!

Welcome to Unraid.

Welcoming both Alex and Scott to the unRAID Team! 🥳

Welcome to UNRAID especially to my namesake, Scott. LOL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.