Update X9SCM-F-O bios via usb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My parity check starts at 100 MB/s and drops to about 55. Average is about 70-75 MB/s. Unraid is 5.0 RC3. On a X9SCM-F with E3-1240.

On my V5.0-rc5, X9SCM-F with i3-2120T and 6x 7200rpm 4TB disks, parity check takes 10 hours with an AVERAGE of 100MB/s :)

Is it the hardware or the software. Is RC5 better in this aspect? Do you use just the on-board SATA-ports? Are it Hitachi disks?

So i hope the shop i bought this mainbord and v2 xeon will deliver it working. Otherwise they must find a solution i guess, or the supermicro support needs to help out.

An V1 xeon i do not have and i i3 will not work with the ecc memoryialso ordered..

The i3 works with ECC memory.

While an I3 does not have the ability to use ECC RAM. You still need to get the correct ECC ram for this motherboard. It will just run without ECC.

Just an update for anyone who cares: according to Intel the new Ivy Bridge i3's do in fact take advantage of ECC RAM.

http://ark.intel.com/products/65693/Intel-Core-i3-3220-Processor-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz