Update X9SCM-F-O bios via usb

Sorry to make you rehash that all again.  Actually, I now remember reading that, but I didn't associate a screen name to the story. Yah, I'd be willing to do that.

Great.  I have my 2.0a working I just had to use two Hauppauge HVR-2250.  I'm just trying to get back to one Duet and one 2250 figuring I will have a  better chance of a good signal that way.  I have to check them especially during bad weather.  Even though I'm using OTA I still have signal problems when it rains or snows.  And it appears to be a crap shoot as to which tuner is better an any one time.  But the Duet seems to lock onto a signal and stay stable longer.  I think if I paid attention to which direction the storm is coming from I might be better at predicting which tuner will work better and switch accordingly.
That makes me wonder though if it's the 2.0 BIOS that made the IIF not work with multiple HBA's for some people?  This sucks trying to make sure you get exactly what will work since everything seems to have little potential issues with ESXi.
Possibly.  My problems in unRAID on the X9SCM-F 1.0 board were system crashes.  But they could have been due to memory.  I would have thought that 2GB would be enough since I wasn't going overboard on plugins and did no transcoding - so I tried the bios upgrade.  Never had a problem like this before and was actually required to upgrade the bios to use ESXi on my X7SBE MBs - that went very well.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We dont use the web gui. We use the ipmi tool for management.

So did i. The IPMI tool could only connect if i used lan1...

Maybe i got one of the boards you rejected ;)

That was what I was thinking.  I've gotten used MBs before.  If they are obvious (like the time I got one with heat sink paste on the plastic CPU cover for instance) I send them back.  I will not stand for ordering new and getting open box.  But I'm sure I've gotten others that are not so obvious.

So i hope the shop i bought this mainbord and v2 xeon will deliver it working. Otherwise they must find a solution i guess, or the supermicro support needs to help out.

An V1 xeon i do not have and i i3 will not work with the ecc memoryialso ordered..

The i3 works with ECC memory.

So i hope the shop i bought this mainbord and v2 xeon will deliver it working. Otherwise they must find a solution i guess, or the supermicro support needs to help out.

An V1 xeon i do not have and i i3 will not work with the ecc memoryialso ordered..

The i3 works with ECC memory.

While an I3 does not have the ability to use ECC RAM. You still need to get the correct ECC ram for this motherboard. It will just run without ECC.

Just as an FYI.  I bricked my X9SCM-F.  I updated the bios just fine but then ESXi no longer recognized my AVerMedia AVerTVHD Duet at all.  I tried to downgrade my bios back to 1.0C and that is how I bricked it.  Should have paid attention to the warning.

Which warning did you get? That you can't go back to 1,?? when you're on 2.0?

Just as an FYI.  I bricked my X9SCM-F.  I updated the bios just fine but then ESXi no longer recognized my AVerMedia AVerTVHD Duet at all.  I tried to downgrade my bios back to 1.0C and that is how I bricked it.  Should have paid attention to the warning.

Which warning did you get? That you can't go back to 1,?? when you're on 2.0?

First of all - I'm going from memory on a one time warning I read quickly and ignored.  But as I remember it told me "A signature/serial will not match if you proceeded do you want to continue?".  That was when I was attempting to go from 2.0a back to 1.0c at the very start of the process.  The flash itself looked just like it did when I went the otherway to 2.0a which worked fine afterwards just wasn't able to see the tuner card in ESXi.

next week wednesday i was told. The had all but 1 part in, and claimed their supplier did sent it to the wrong address, so it needs to be re-send. And yes from MaxICT

Seems normal with them, happened to me too, when I ordered from them. They are very unreliable in this aspect. Hope everything turns out good for you.

Complete with tracking code, and it show up in the system of dpd shipping.

Hopefully no box with a brick inside, you do not seem to have good experience with this company.

For me they were slower than advertised: 2-3 days became 7 working days, and also somewhat vague in communication: i e-mail them, they call me back and leave a voice mail with explanation.

But i will see tormorrow. I will than re-read this thread for upgrade via usb if needed.

On bord sata-2 ports with a setup of 3 x seagate 2 TB hdd's and a 1 TB hitachi cache disk

Now i placed my data disk from the atom server on this mainbord, currently running parity check with quite slow speeds..

My parity check starts at 100 MB/s and drops to about 55. Average is about 70-75 MB/s. Unraid is 5.0 RC3. On a X9SCM-F with E3-1240.