What motherboards support Intel i7-3770S CPU?

Hello,

nice cpu, but what are gonna do with a i7 cpu and Unraid? is this necessary? Multiple Virtual Machines project?

in most cases you choose a low power / budget cpu because all that cpu power is mostly overkill

Cpu-compability can be usually found on the websites of the manufacturers.

Hello,

nice cpu, but what are gonna do with a i7 cpu and Unraid? is this necessary? Multiple Virtual Machines project?

in most cases you choose a low power / budget cpu because all that cpu power is mostly overkill

I'm planning to run ESXi, and several small VMs, beside unRAID.

With unRAID itself, I'll be running several add-ons (sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard,) and they will be non-stop downloading, parity, unrar...etc.

So i thought I'll need that much power.

Thanks

allright, when you're gonna go the Virtual way, maybe read this topic, (it's long i know)

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14695.0

but maybe take another starting point (not only based on a specific cpu)

how many drives do you want to start with?  and to how many drives are you want to grow in the end?

is the cpu and mainbord fully compatible with all the functions like hardware passthrough.

Unraid as a virtual machine together with a few other VM's requires well chosen hardware and maybe makes your setup unnecessary difficult.

Hello,

With unRAID itself, I'll be running several add-ons (sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard,) and they will be non-stop downloading, parity, unrar...etc.

Thanks

Then I probably go with a SuperMicro or other server-board and a Xeon E3-1240 or so.

Hello,

Thanks

Then I probably go with a SuperMicro or other server-board and a Xeon E3-1240 or so.

well, that will cost way more.  I would prefer to keep the cost low for now, as i will use this system for 2 years, then i'll build my ultimate system, high-end after 2 years.