[SOLVED] Unable to Start Array After Adding Drives

In the past many have reported that add-ons that have prevented the array from properly starting.

Do you have any add-ons?  If so, disable them and try once more.

I disabled all add-ons and just went back the default go script.  Voila!  Disks added, array started, format button appeared, new disks were formatted, etc.  I then stopped the array, re-enabled all plugins and rebooted.  Array started with no problem with the new disks and all plugins are running again.

I guess I should have taken my own suggestion early in this thread and tried the disable add-ons route.  I have no idea which one was the culprit, but, the array is now expanded and functioning properly.

Thanks.

Why don't you list your add-ons and what was in your go file so that other users will atleast have a clue what was the culprit.

Here's my list of add-ons installed via Pkg Manager:

apcuspd 3.14.3

hdparm 9.37

openssl 0.9.8n

openssh 5.1p1

powerdown 1.02-noarch

screen 4.0.3 (I never disabled screen)

unraidweb 0.1.04

Here's my current Go script (Crashplan remains disabled as I am troubleshooting an issue):

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

/boot/unmenu/uu

# Install sshd

installpkg /boot/packages/openssl-0.9.8n-i486-1.txz

installpkg /boot/packages/openssh-5.1p1-i486-1.tgz

cp --preserve=timestamps /boot/custom/etc/ssh/ssh*key* /etc/ssh

chmod 600 /etc/ssh/ssh*key*

/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd start

# install crashplan

#tar -C / -xvf /boot/packages/crashplan.tar

#/usr/local/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine start

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

/usr/local/sbin/s3_sleep -a -m 30 -t 5 -e eth0

Is your computer going into S3 Sleep?????

Only when I click the sleep button on the main management page.  I tried to set it up once to automatically sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity (as a test), but, that never worked.    However, I see that is still the last line in the go script, but, it doesn't do anything.  I should probably remove it.

Archived