I am looking for an auto-unrar solution, if it even possible

Can it be solved somehow, that if I copy a multiple rar archive to a directory, than it is automatically gets unrared and copied to an other directory, while to original rarset gets deleted at the same time?

I didn't find yet any solution for Linux, yet. As I understand hellaNZB is doing something similar, but is is developed for usenet downloads. Am I right on this?

One thing which I logically cannot imagine: how would the system know, that the copied content is ready for extracting and is not still beeing copied?  ???

• 2 weeks later...

bubbaQ,

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but is there any chance that you could create a new thread with instructions for setting up getnzb?  I have hellaNZB already set up, but it is a dead project and this one still looks to be active.  Do you know if the parcheck only downloads necessary pars to do repair?  Also, the housekeeper script says it will merge avi's.  Does that work?  That would be awesome to have something that would download, par, unrar, and merge multi part avi's automatically.

olympia,

Seems like this is possible, though I don't have the technical know how to implement it.  You could create a script that is run by a cron job every 5 or 10 minutes.  This script would look in a specified folder for .rar files to extract.  If one is found it would also check the time stamps of all files in the directory and make sure that all files have not been modified for at least 1 minute.  That should be enough to tell that files are finished being copied to the directory.  It would extract the .rar file to some other directory and then delete all files that have the same name as the .rar file, these files will all have different extentions (.rar, .r00, .r01 etc).  There may be holes in my logic, but I thought I'd share the idea.