IBM ServeRAID M1015 RAID Controller FRU:46M0861 LSI $65 + 9.99 Shipping!

blueink

Sold quick. I am hoping to find one at a reasonable price. I don't need it, but just want to try it and see how it compares to the MV8.

You likely won't notice a difference unless you're using some of the latest 7900RPM disks out there. That said, I wouldn't buy the MV8 now if I can find a comparably priced M1015. But I wouldn't replace an MV8 with an M1015 if you don't need to. I've got an M1015 and and MV8 on my unraid array and a M1015 on my OpenIndiana ZFS pool.

Sold quick. I am hoping to find one at a reasonable price. I don't need it, but just want to try it and see how it compares to the MV8.

You likely won't notice a difference unless you're using some of the latest 7900RPM disks out there. That said, I wouldn't buy the MV8 now if I can find a comparably priced M1015. But I wouldn't replace an MV8 with an M1015 if you don't need to. I've got an M1015 and and MV8 on my unraid array and a M1015 on my OpenIndiana ZFS pool.

I got two MV8's for $80 dollars a while ago.

I got two MV8's for $80 dollars a while ago.

That's a really good dead. I'd probably take that over a single M1015.

Archived