BitTorrent Sync (BTSync) Plugin

Are there instructions on how to install this on a cache drive using disk shares? Should I make the folders I want to share on the cache drive as well or just run the program off it, I am running PMS as well from cache so I'm not worried about the disk spinning al the time. I tried using the install instructions from the first page and on the left side it said my config would not survive a reboot. Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there instructions on how to install this on a cache drive using disk shares? Should I make the folders I want to share on the cache drive as well or just run the program off it, I am running PMS as well from cache so I'm not worried about the disk spinning al the time. I tried using the install instructions from the first page and on the left side it said my config would not survive a reboot. Thanks

This is how I have it setup.  The apps folder is a cache only directory.  I also have a "sync folder" in /apps/btsync/.  I put the files on want to sing i its sub-directory and share it.

/mnt/cache/SyncFolder

btsyncconfig.jpg.8610227b7acc0c161825753932fa1719.jpg

On your cache drive, create the following cache only shares.  Make sure they are cache only or mover will move them to the array

“apps” and “SyncFolder”.

Got to http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33341.msg306949#msg306949 and download the latest v2 plugin for BTSync.

Follow the instructions in the first post.

Usage (Unraid 6):

- Navigate to the Plugins tab on the Unraid interface

- Click the 'install plugin' sub tab

- Either paste the LINK or navigate to the .PLG file and press install

- Go to the Unraid Settings page, click on the app icon, setup the way you want, and hit apply.

Usage (Unraid 5):

- Place .PLG file in /config/plugins/ folder on your USB stick.  Note make sure the package ends in .plg, not .txt

- Reboot OR run installplg /boot/config/plugins/pluginname.plg from prompt on the server

- Go to the Unraid Settings page, click on the app icon, setup the way you want, and hit apply.

Set the Install Dorectory to :  /usr/local/btsync

Set the Config Directory to:  /mnt/cache/apps/btsync/config

btsyncconfig.jpg.5482350d8c0f7f395504104774db3204.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Overbyrn not too long ago and he said he wasn't going to be updating this plugin any more. That's why I was able to make the same plugin. I recommend checking it out on my plugins page.

Dumb question.....cuz that's all I have to offer.  I have Oberbyrn's plugin working, but since he is not updating it I am considering moving to the work by PhAze. However, I am skeptical of changing something that isn't broken.  PhAze are you keeping it current with the latest updates from BitTorrent? 

Thanks,

DBZ

Hi,

I tried PhaZe BTSync plugin on unRaid 6b13?. It failed to download the bt sync program. I installed plg by giving unraid gui the raw github link. I then whent to pluging settings page and set dir, and pressed install. If I do it manually it says:

$ /etc/rc.d/rc.Btsync install

Installing BitTorrent Sync...

Unable to get latest version from online, checking USB for any install file

Failed to download or locate BitTorrent Sync install file.  Aborting installation.

I searched my flash, only related file was this \\tower\flash\config\plugins\Btsync\Btsync-PhAzE-Control-1.1.tar.gz , the bt sync program itself was not there. Neither was it in /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/Btsync/

Any suggestions?

Hi !

I got the same problem !

Updated unraid from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 and removed the "old" btsync plugin and tried to install the new one from the "Phaze universal GIT repo"

I got stuck with

Failed to download or locate BitTorrent Sync install file

too.

I also get a seperate "Phaze Plugin" tab in the Settings menu from dynamix

btw.. Phaze you are doing a great job, here you have a "Paypal Beer" from me ;)

best regards from Germany

Christoph

Oh..

switchman, thx for the workaround !

I will try it if Phaze isn't coming back anytime soon.

It's always nice to see that you guys care about each other...

Pls take all the time you need Phaze, don't care about our little, shitty problems !

Wishing you well

Christoph

Like everyone else using this I noticed it wasn't being updated any longer so I'm considering going over to PhAzE's version. A couple of questions:

Will the config stay the same or do I have to reconfigure it?

Does the new version actually use the new 2.0.x version or the older 1.4.x version? I ask because I haven't updated my clients past 1.4.11 yet.

Thanks.