A new toy... FEMUR

So it seems I found the root cause.

At least for me, the max. temp is only displaying when parity drive is active.

Today morning I started to spin up the drives one by one, and there were no max. temp displayed until at last I spun up parity as well.

In the meantime, I always checked the error console. There I was see the correct drive temps retrieving for all the drives ("*" for those, which spun down, and the proper temp, which is active), but in the last line there was "NaN" instead of the max. temp, until I spun driver parity as well.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New version of FEMUR adds a couple of features:

- it puts the name of the server/IP on the status bar (I'm working on code for displaying info from multiple servers)

- if you click onthe server name/IP, it launches the unRAID UI.

Link is in OP.

Very nice.  This plugin is getting better and better with every release.

I like that the name of the tower is now were the unRaid label was and that when clicked on opens the web page.  I do kind of have one request.  Would it be possible to add a "fake" name that the label displays?  I ask because the server IP is the thing currently being displayed and i would prefer to label it as "tower" or "tower1" or something besides the IP

You can already do that... put an entry in your hosts file for the IP.... then use that name for your server name/IP in FEMUR.

@SørenBM, the latest version adds support for the temp of the cache drive, and it now pulls info from unRAID asynchronously, so you won't see that delay when opening new windows.

Let me know if it addresses the issue you reported.

@SørenBM, the latest version adds support for the temp of the cache drive, and it now pulls info from unRAID asynchronously, so you won't see that delay when opening new windows.

Let me know if it addresses the issue you reported.

Hey

Lazy me, just saw this post now. I'll give it a try. Thanks  :)

Have a nice weekend.

BR Søren

Hey guys,

Is it just me or do the drives not spin down when using BubbaRaid with FEMUR? or is it because FEMUR is monitoring temps?

thanks

Check out this thread... you are not the first to notice.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2667.0

thanks Joe,

I just tried leaving the server with no activity for over an hour. Then I used IE to check and the drives are still spun up. Don't think it's FEMUR, maybe BubbaRaid?

• 3 weeks later...

Under unRaid 4.4 B2, FEMUR was working fine for me. Now that I updated to 4.4 Final, the max temp is no longer being displayed, only *. Does anybody else have this after updating?

4.4 is missing a library needed for the "smartctl" program to run.  FEMUR probably uses smartctl to get the disk temperatures.

See here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2826.msg23407#msg23407

Joe L.