Modified Time not being set properly.

How can I get a dir listing from the CLI so it lists the modified time of files.

I am not sure and trying to do some checking - but I am thinking the latest RC is no longer updating modified times of files written which is causing MAJOR havak with my XBMC HTPC.

Thanks

Myk

How can I get a dir listing from the CLI so it lists the modified time of files.

I am not sure and trying to do some checking - but I am thinking the latest RC is no longer updating modified times of files written which is causing MAJOR havak with my XBMC HTPC.

Thanks

Myk

Right, this will be fixed for 5.0 'final'.  For the record, it appears I was too exuberant in how many lines got deleted in a particular function when I changed the shfs code to pass back disk locations as an xattr instead of via overloading ino_t  :o

I'd be interested to know what this "MAJOR havoc" is.  For the last few weeks the art files have not been working on my OpenELEC clients, but I've not had time to investigate where the fault lies.

The difficulty in investigating this is caused by the fact that the art files are given system-generated names, so it's difficult to know where to look.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed a problem yesterday that may or may not relate to this.

XBMC stopped picking up new library additions sometime ago. The files are accessed from XBMC via samba, backed onto a user share with an enabled cache drive.

The root problem was that xbmc did not think my main film directory had changed based on it's quick hash check.

A quick look in the database revealed that the hash is mostly made up of the unix time stamp xbmc thinks the directory was last modified. According to xbmc this was at the end of july. Which was not correct.

Looking directly on unraid via /mnt/user a 'stat' of the directory showed the correct modified time.

However looking at the mapped drive on a separate windows machine (so also connecting via samba) revealed that it too thought the last modified time of the directory was the end of July. Which was incorrect but consistent with xbmc. It also disagreed with unraid's filesystem.

A restart of samba sorted the problem. I'm not sure why it cached this / got stuck with it.

• 2 months later...

I noticed a problem yesterday that may or may not relate to this.

XBMC stopped picking up new library additions sometime ago. The files are accessed from XBMC via samba, backed onto a user share with an enabled cache drive.

The root problem was that xbmc did not think my main film directory had changed based on it's quick hash check.

A quick look in the database revealed that the hash is mostly made up of the unix time stamp xbmc thinks the directory was last modified. According to xbmc this was at the end of july. Which was not correct.

Looking directly on unraid via /mnt/user a 'stat' of the directory showed the correct modified time.

However looking at the mapped drive on a separate windows machine (so also connecting via samba) revealed that it too thought the last modified time of the directory was the end of July. Which was incorrect but consistent with xbmc. It also disagreed with unraid's filesystem.

A restart of samba sorted the problem. I'm not sure why it cached this / got stuck with it.

Is this problem solved with 5.0 release?

• 4 weeks later...
Is this problem solved with 5.0 release?

Doesn't seem to be, I just experienced the exact same scenario on 5.0.2

Tried rebooting my XBMC machine(s) to fix it because I didn't know about this bug, but it didn't work. So I stopped the array, and then started again (no rebooting), and then XBMC was able to scan the new data