Plex shares with unRaid+Cache

Dmtalon

I'm a little bit confused about how I'm supposed to setup Plex shares with unraid+plex+cache.

For instance, I have an unRaid share for TV Shows and Movies.  Under TV shows I seems I have to use:

/mnt/user/Media/TV Shows because /mnt/user0/Media/TV Shows doesn't show anything.

I believe that user0 should be showing my shares+cache.  For instance if I select /mnt/user0 the Plex GUI shows my Plex directory which lives on the cache disk.  Even though I seem to see my movies in both /mnt/user and /mnt/user0.

So, what should I be using, and why wouldn't my TV show's be listed under /mnt/user0/Media/TV Shows but my movies are?

TIA for any light you can shine on this.

From our chats yesterday, I'm pretty sure the bigger question right now is why your /mnt/user0/media/TV Shows is empty in the first place.  My understanding is:

/mnt/user = Array + cache

/mnt/user0 = Array

based on Influencers post here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=29821.msg267987#msg267987 which says

To elaborate on dgaschk's reply, the /mnt/user0 directory IS the /mnt/user directory with the exception it doesn't show anything on your cache drive.

The /mnt/user0 directory only exists if you use a cache drive and is used by the mover script to move things from cache to the array.

So, as long as there is data in the array, you should be seeing SOME files in both locations.  Not seeing files on /mnt/user that you DO see in /mnt/user0 just seems off.  Unless maybe you happen to have that share set as cache only by mistake?  Can you confirm which DISK actually holds the TV SHow files?

Once you have THAT resolved, then I'm also pretty sure you should be pointing plex at /mnt/user since that includes share files still sitting on the cache drive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived