After updating CP inside app, won't start anymore. Using influencer's plug-in

jang430

I executed the command rc.couchpotato_v2 start

Starting CouchPotato v2: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/CouchPotato.py --daemon --config_file /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato_v2/settings.conf --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato_v2/couchpotato_v2.pid

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/CouchPotato.py", line 21, in <module>

from couchpotato.environment import Env

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/couchpotato/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>

from couchpotato.api import api_docs, api_docs_missing, api

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/couchpotato/api.py", line 8, in <module>

from couchpotato.core.helpers.request import getParams

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/couchpotato/core/helpers/request.py", line 5,                               in <module>

from couchpotato.core.helpers.variable import natsortKey

File "/mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_v2/couchpotato/core/helpers/variable.py", line 2                              , in <module>

import ctypes

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>

from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array

ImportError: libffi.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please help.

I know it doesn't help you but I have been trying to get influencer's recycle bin plugin to work without any success and posting on the forum didn't help as he hasn't been on since Feb this year, so I have abandoned it. As I couldn't find anyone to help me.

I can recall though that before I used his plug-ins,  I was using another. You are right in pointing out that he's no longer active,  and may not be able to support the project anymore. I guess I've got to face the reality and search for alternative plug-ins.

jang430, I'm getting the same error as you.

For me this error comes with EVERYTHING except SSH & unmenu not working.

I've lost my shares, my web gui, and all other plugins.

Have you had any luck? I saw your post on the CP forums too.

Right now I'm reinstalling python in unmenu and seeing if that will help.

Keithwlandry,  if everything not working except ssh,  there's a bug possibility one of the plug-ins is causing the error. Rename the plug-ins 1 by 1 and restart unraid, you should be able to access unraid interface. I will start with CP,  then sickbeard,  then sab.

Keithwlandry,  try my suggestion first.  But I did follow kal's suggestion and moved to another person's CP plug in. Phaze 's. So far,  CP is working great. But haven't gotten sab and sickbeard to work yet. I suspect because of 2.6.6 python. Still requesting support on another thread to update my python.

Hey jang430,

Thanks for the quick reply! I disabled the unplugged version of couch potato and everything booted up like a charm.

As far as switching to a different plugin (and sorry if this is a n00b question, if I toss Phaz's in there, can I point it to the same App Directory on my cache and keep my settings?

Just a thought,

Thanks.

Am pretty new to switching plug-ins also. I pointed my directory to the same data directory. Though I specified a different configuration directory,  for easy troubleshooting. I was able to reboot with all the configuration intact.

sometimes when moving between plugins, the actual version of the application can change. Some of the applications handle this fine (transmission for example), but you may get trouble with some (couchpotato for another example), in that the application may have changed its backend internal database or the like.

So if migrating, it might be worthwhile taking a copy of your config directory for fall back purposes

when I did my sickbeard migration, I think I lost my database, but seemed to keep all my settings - so just had to rescan and re add (fairly straight forward, and pretty quick in sickbeard iirc). So dont immediately panic.. :) your mileage may certainly vary of course.

Think that may have been my own doing anyway, as I moved from a single 'data' directory under influencers, to a separate install and config dirs under phaze

speaking of which, if you're creating any additional folders for 'config' etc, make sure you change the ownership and permissions to the same as the other existing dirs;

chown -R nobody:users ./config

chmod -R 755 ./config

Hello Kal,  I'm exactly in the same boat as you were once. From single directory, /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato,  I added another /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato_config. So you are saying I need to change permission for config directory? 

Thanks

well I created the directories manually, as Ive had flaky experiences before with some plugins, so just do it that way now

if you do an 'ls -la /mnt/disk1/' you'll probably see that /mnt/disk1/.couchpotato has the ownership 'nobody:users'. If you manually create a directory for .couchpotato_config, it will be 'root:root'. I dont know what happens if you specify a directory that doesnt exist - if it gets created or not. As I say, I manually create them as a matter of course now.

To be a bit tidier, I created mine as follows:

/mnt/cache/.custom/couchpotato/install

&

/mnt/cache/.custom/couchpotato/config

(final subfolder name may be different, just going from memory)

Noted Kal.  If I put a new directory, it creates it for them. 

In this case, the new /mnt/disk1/.plugin_name_config I created to keep my config files also have the nobody: users permission.  No need to change anything.

BTW, since you're the only one who seems to be responding now, Can I ask how did you install python 2.7.3 to support these plugins of PhAzE?  Nobody seems to be teaching how to update my existing 2.6.6 to 2.7.3.

Thanks

no worries - tis mostly US folk on this forum in my experience, so very early morning for them atm..!

I had python 2.6.6 installed via unmenu, and then python 2.7.* is installed again on top of that somehow.. Im afraid I cant recall where or when, but yes, I've one version installed on top of another. On reboot, I get a lot of messages (just informational) in my syslog as python is updated (its component files are deleted as necessary, and you get a log entry for each one) - but other that very minor issue, doesnt seem to cause me any trouble.

I _think_ I had it set up this way to handle issues encountered with influencers & phazes plugins running concurrently. I believe all of phazes plugins use the same version of python now, so I would say Im safe to remove the 2.6.6 version.

hmmm, I had 2.7 before.  Don't know the real version.  But I thought it's the reason my CP is causing problems, that's why I used unmenu to install 2.6.6.  Now, only CP of PhAzE's CP works.  The other plugins don't.  I'll need to experiment.  Thanks kal.

Thanks for all the feedback jang430 and Kal,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on the road.

jang430, I ran an update for python in unmenu, and it tells me, "Installed, but version is different. Current version='2.7.3' expected '2.6.4'" . I don't know HOW I got to 2.7, becuase apparently I'm not supposed to, but it's there. Lol.

Sorry that's not very helpful.

Archived