new MSI boards - Socket 1150 with 12x SATA and IPMI (C222)

...looks like MSI is attempting to return to the server marketspace.

This board is hitting the stores around Europe/Germany: http://de.msi.com/product/mb/CSM-H87S-098.html

Apparently, I am not able to find it elsewhere .. MSI global and US site search returns zero finds.

Some Details:

- Socket: LGA1150

- CPU (max.): 1x Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Prozessoren (Haswell)

- Chipset: Intel H87 Express Chipsatz

- DIMM slot: 2x DDR3 UDIMM, 1333/1600 MHz (1.5 V), max. Memory (GB) 32GB

- PCI-Ex16 1x (x8 Signal)

- Storage: 12 x SATA3 Ports

- LAN: 4x GB LAN, Intel I210AT

- TPM: 1x Pin header

- USB 3.0 (Rear): 2

- USB 2.0 (Rear): 2

- VGA: 1x (on-board)

- Server Management: Nuvoton NCT6779D

Edit: this appears to be just a SUPER-IO chip, no IPMI, according to the manual below.

- Form Factor: ATX

...according to the manual, here: http://dl.msi.com/download_files/mnu_exe/E_S0981v1.0.zip there is/will be also a C222 variant

with ECC support, ASPEED GPU and dedicated LAN for IPMI, with 8x SATA3 + 4x SATA2

Prices start from around EUR120 (excl. VAT) for the H87S variant.

...well...I said attempting, didn't I ?  ;D

Besides, with energy prices going up 10-25% year over year, I cannot afford to run anything above the baseline of 5-10W consumption in 24x7 mode any longer...I've completely moved to S3/WOL mode.

Every service I need in 24x7 has been moved to a debian wheezy chroot on my ARM based router.

With that pricetag, when deducting an 8-port HBA, the mobo comes at 25EUR, which is a bargain for a server board with IPMI and Quad GB NICs.

Edit: based on the manual, the nuvoton chip in the H87S is just SUPER-IO and does not have IPMI...only C222 SKU has it.

• 3 months later...

...well...I said attempting, didn't I ?  ;D

Besides, with energy prices going up 10-25% year over year, I cannot afford to run anything above the baseline of 5-10W consumption in 24x7 mode any longer...I've completely moved to S3/WOL mode.

Every service I need in 24x7 has been moved to a debian wheezy chroot on my ARM based router.

With that pricetag, when deducting an 8-port HBA, the mobo comes at 25EUR, which is a bargain for a server board with IPMI and Quad GB NICs.

Edit: based on the manual, the nuvoton chip in the H87S is just SUPER-IO and does not have IPMI...only C222 SKU has it.

Hi,

Do you know if this Board (H87S) supports WOL? I can't find any hint on that on the manufacturers site. :/