Network issue - I could weep!

I'm sure this is a windows issue, but you guys will probably know anyway!

All was fine with my system until I upgraded to Unraid 5.  Then the Unraid share on my Windows 7 HTPC stopped working.  Browser access was fine, just the network shares wouldn't work.

Other machines are fine, x3 Windows 7, 2x XP boxes,  just the HTPC with the problem.  So, I have read and read and have gone through all the suggestions, for example, set my master browser to unraid, turned off ip6 etc etc.  Nothing worked.

Then, by chance I set up  another login on the HTPC.  And whaya know, all shares are fine with this login!!  Go back to my original login and no shares again.

Unfortunatley, I need the original login as it is connected to my media centre and all the settings therein.  I am sure this is something really simple, but I really can't get to the bottom of it.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Delete the login and add it again.

On the windows box?  Don't want to do this, there would be a large amount of work required to get the HTPC to a similar state.

Did you run the new permissions script?

Would this fix just a single login failing to access the shares? 

Running new permissions is part of the upgrade process so if you haven't done it then you should.

Are you trying to use root to access network share? unRAID 5 does not allow this.

Do you have free unRAID? If not, do you have any security set on the shares?

Not clear why you think deleting the login in windows and then logging in again would be a lot of work. Just look in credential manager and delete them, and maybe do

net use * /delete

in command prompt. Then try to access the share and login if necessary. If your shares are set to public access then you shouldn't even need to login.

User on the server deleted and new one created and still no joy.

Ran permissions again just to make sure and again, no joy.  I'm not accessing via root, I have another user (new one too, see above!)

The shares are set to public login, hence the strangeness of my problem.  I can access them from other machines in the house, even on the machine with the troublesome account.  I even set up a new account on my Windows 7 box, that too can access the shares.  It is the account that had shares setup in v4 of unraid that now cannot access them.  It can see the server but gets permission denied when clicking on the server.

I can access \\tower no problem in the troublesome account.