Permission denied, upgrading to b10a

clearzero

So, I use a Mac which may be the root of the problem here but basically, I am trying to upgrade from b6 to the current version.  When I go to overwrite the new files I get a permission denied error.  Strangest part is when I start this process the finder wants me to authenticate with my admin password for the local machine.  I do that and it seems to go through but I am still stuck with the permission error.  Here is exactly what it says.

"The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

Any ideas? 

So, I use a Mac which may be the root of the problem here but basically, I am trying to upgrade from b6 to the current version.  When I go to overwrite the new files I get a permission denied error.  Strangest part is when I start this process the finder wants me to authenticate with my admin password for the local machine.  I do that and it seems to go through but I am still stuck with the permission error.  Here is exactly what it says.

"The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

Any ideas?

Also to clarify, can you confirm for us that you are accessing this over the network as opposed to detaching the USB from your server and plugging it in directly to your Mac?

Any ideas?

Also to clarify, can you confirm for us that you are accessing this over the network as opposed to detaching the USB from your server and plugging it in directly to your Mac?

Yes, this was over the network.  I ended up trying the same thing on a windows machine and I get the same error.  I have since updated manually but I would definitely be interested in finding out where I went wrong.

Archived