Trying to upgrade from 5.0, It hung at trying to mount drives.

abuzzbuzz

I'm not sure how to post a bug report for this.

I tried to upgrade after copying over the new files to my flash drive, then copying my config back over.  When it was trying to remount it just hung there for an hour.  I put my original files for my 5.0 back on and it booted and mounted fine.

From the release notes,

If you are currently running unRAID Server OS release 5.0.x
-----------------------------------------------------------

First backup the content of your USB Flash device to a folder on your PC and then install this
release according to "Installation on a New Flash Device" below.  Before ejecting your flash,
restore the 'config' directory from your back up.

Installation on a New Flash Device
==================================

To make a bootable USB Flash device follow these steps:

If using Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
--------------------------------
1. Plug your USB Flash device into your Windows PC.

2. Open 'My Computer' (XP) or 'Computer' (Vista/Win7) and right-click your Flash device. Click 'Format...',
   set the volume label to UNRAID and then click 'Start'. Important: the volume label must be set exactly
   to UNRAID (all caps).

3. Click on your Flash device (to open it), click on the zip file (to open it) and drag then entire contents of
   the unRAID Server zip file to the Flash.

4. For Windows XP, click on the file 'make_bootable'.  A DOS window will open and run the 'syslinux' utility on the
   Flash.  For Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file 'make_bootable' and select 'Run as administrator'.
   The 'syslinux' utility will write the Master Boot Record and create a small hidden file named 'ldlinux.sys' on
   the Flash device, making it bootable.

5. Once again, right-click your Flash device in 'My Computer' or 'Computer' and then click 'Eject'.  Your USB Flash
   device is now ready to boot into unRAID Server OS.

Archived