any way to recover accidentally deleted files from array?

JustinChase

A combination of ownCloud bad design and user error resulted in me deleting a couple dozen videos off of my array.  Any way to recover these files, or do I need to find and re-download them?

thanks.

If you do a recovery, it's going to find all the deleted files it can, not just the few you may be after.

It may be easier to just redownload. If you want to pursue it, I'd copy all the rest of the files off the effected drive in case something screws up. This command is what you are after, it needs to have the md device that you want to work on added to the line, but this should give you enough to google and get the answers you need.

reiserfsck --rebuild-tree --scan-whole-partition

okay, I kinda figured that would be the case.

sadly, I deleted them from a share, not a particular drive, and about half my array is xfs and the rest is still reiserfs, so it's probably not going to be worth trying to find them :(

Sadly, owncloud doesn't have an 'are you sure you want to delete these files' warning :( :(

Oh well, such is life.  Luckily, nothing was terribly important.

okay, I kinda figured that would be the case.

sadly, I deleted them from a share, not a particular drive, and about half my array is xfs and the rest is still reiserfs, so it's probably not going to be worth trying to find them :(

Sadly, owncloud doesn't have an 'are you sure you want to delete these files' warning :( :(

Oh well, such is life.  Luckily, nothing was terribly important.

It looks like there is no easy way with XFS.  But I found this program, UFS Explorer.  It is installed on a different machine/windows.  I'm just not sure if you need to move the drive into the computer to run the program or if it can even read/access it over the network, my guess would be to move the drive.

Archived