TinyMediaManager Container. Accessible through web browser.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a guide that explains how to install containers from the registry?  I have only used templates so far and I'm struggling.

Hurricane...I saw your instructions on the registry.  The thing that confused me was this:

Download latest TinyMediaManager from here.

Extract to a location such as /tmm on the host and ensure the directory and all files are by uid 99 and gid 100 (nobdy and users on unRAID).

I'm comfortable with the docker run commande but can you elaborate on the above?  How does this translate in the unRAID world?

TIA!

John

• 1 month later...

Yes you can. Are you running the docker version or just the actual java install?

If using docker with the new image https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/hurricane/tinymediamanager/

I would use docker exec -ti containername /scripts/tinyMediaManangerCMD.sh $PARMS

replace containername with the name of your container and replace $PARMS with available options, please tinyMediaManager readme or forum for this info.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just updated to the latest version and it looks like something has gone wrong with the update. Cant seem to connect to the server.

Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)

EDIT: tried reinstalling the docker and the same issue persists but in the install screen i got this...

IMAGE ID [53f858aaaf03]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -6575530100% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [837339b91538]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -7147900% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [615c102e2290]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -68000% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [b39b81afc8ca]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [8254ff58b098]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [ec5f59360a64]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [2ce4ac388730]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -1105000% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [2eccda511755]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3150900000% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [5a14c1498ff4]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.

Is this normal?

I just updated to the latest version and it looks like something has gone wrong with the update. Cant seem to connect to the server.

Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)

EDIT: tried reinstalling the docker and the same issue persists but in the install screen i got this...

IMAGE ID [53f858aaaf03]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -6575530100% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [837339b91538]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -7147900% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [615c102e2290]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -68000% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [b39b81afc8ca]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [8254ff58b098]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [ec5f59360a64]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [2ce4ac388730]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -1105000% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [2eccda511755]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3150900000% of -0MB. Download complete.
IMAGE ID [5a14c1498ff4]: Pulling metadata. Pulling fs layer. Downloading -3200% of -0MB. Download complete.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

The pulling layers is fine. I discovered the issue. The problem is I change to using the phusion base image like everyone else, unfortunately I forgot that phusion uses trusty and that the x11vnc release in trusty hates it when you disable ipv6. unRAID by default doesn't have ipv6 enabled for docker and so x11vnc errors out with a buffer overrun. Anyhow I'm trying to resolve the issue while keeping the base image phusion. I promise you I tested the build before the release the problem is that I tested it on a ubuntu virtual desktop were ipv6 is not disabled. So when I release it I thought that issues like this weren't going to happen. My apologies. Just to give you heads up the container also support rdp now, so that another method you might be able to access once I get the issues resolved. Please reply rather than editing your message so that I may get notified. I will try and have this fix as soon as possible.

I know, luckily I remember what the issue was. I'm not sure why it only does it in unraid. My ubuntu machine only has ipv4 and the same error doesn't pop up.

i can run the docker in my docker server VM and it works nicely and i can videochat to myself thus far, lol.

soon as i try it on my unraid box and it spits out some random errors specific to the app which google says is ipv6 related.