TinyMediaManager Container. Accessible through web browser.

The default internal port is 8080 for the web interface and 3389 for rdp. I believe I updated the template yesterday. I will ensure the template is right in a bit. I was using novnc but have no switched to guacamole. Please endure you have updated your templates. Sometimes these means going to the dockers settings page and pressing save on the templates report list. Also the template doesn't map the rdp port so please add it in the configuration page of the container. Please let me know how it works out for you.

I added the 3389 port to the container settings and now I can connect with Remote Desktop Connection so that's all good.  I'm not sure what you mean about updating my templates.  I went to my docker settings page and hit save on my repository list but would that mean I'd have to uninstall and reinstall the TMM template?

your template xml is like this.

<WebUI>http://[iP]:[PORT:8088]/#/client/c/tinyMediaManager</WebUI>

<HostPort>8088</HostPort>
        <ContainerPort>8080</ContainerPort>

because of the difference between container port and webui port tags, i can't access the webui because i already have a container on 8088 and i can't remap with the way it is presently.

i think all three values for port should be the same as the exposed port in the container, and then if there are any clashes, end users can alter the host port and the webui link is smart enough to take them to their remapped port.

because of the difference between container port and webui port tags, i can't access the webui because i already have a container on 8088 and i can't remap with the way it is presently.

i think all three values for port should be the same as the exposed port in the container, and then if there are any clashes, end users can alter the host port and the webui link is smart enough to take them to their remapped port.

The template as quoted is right.  I will update as suggested but 8080 is very common and the issue will resurface for others

The template as quoted is right.  I will update as suggested but 8080 is very common and the issue will resurface for others

they can remap the port to mitigate that, as it stands though, i can't add another port in and map 8088 to it, because of my preexisting container on 8088

it works like this,

all three values for the web interface port should be the same in the template,

host port , container port and the port in the webui tag.

then if someone else has a container on 8080, they change their host port in the template when adding the docker and when they click the webui link they'll go to the correct mapping for that particular container.

it works like this,

then if someone else has a container on 8080, they change their host port in the template when adding the docker and when they click the webui link they'll go to the correct mapping for that particular container.

As promised the template was updated. Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm not the best at explaining things (i'm an awful communicator) , so here's some pictures to illustrate the idea.

0yHIUrX.png

all the port assignments are the same in the template.xml

TIWHsVS.png

so now when i change the host port when adding the container, i go to port 8088 when clicking the webui for that container.

the way you have it set, i'll always go to port 8088 in the webui link for tmm but that is my piwigo container.

it works like this,

As promised the template was updated. Thanks for your suggestions.

damn, as well as being a bad communicator, i'm also tired and missed where you said about updating.

now i look silly  :o

I don't think that has anything to do with the container or docker.

yeah, looks like tvdb having an issue like it does every now and then.

I had the issue with TVDB, IMDB and TMBD. Tried everything to restarting docker, restarting unraid server. Still was not working. Just deleted and installed TMM again. And it works now. Will keep checking if the issue returns.

check this out.....

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39597

Thanks for the info :) was going nuts trying to find the root of the issue :P

Hi hurricane,

great job on the guacamole server and creating web apps out of desktop apps. It is revolutionary and took the concept of unraid/docker to the next level.

I saw sparkly's handbrake that is based your guac server and thought it would be great to have a base image that incorporates all the common elements of the guac server and what it needs to have web based rdp gui for other dockers. That way others can use that base and build new dockers. Please see my suggestion to sparkly over here and let me know what you think: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39624.msg370739#msg370739

Thanks

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is actually caused by the fact that mediainfo must be installed inside the docker container.

http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.php/changelog/

22.01.2016 – Version 2.7.2

=======================

LINUX: We’ve removed the shipped mediainfo library due to massive problems between

different distributions. Please install the libmediainfo directly from

your package manager or from https://mediaarea.net/

Looking forward to your update hurricanehrndz.

Thanks for the great work so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

TMM is a great - thanks for creating a docker app, unfortunately I forced an update hoping to get a new version, and now, even after removing the container and starting again, I get the following error in the browser or rdp connection to the container:

"We were unable to download the necessary files after five attempts. You can try running the application again but if fails..<text obscured>" I assume the TMM links used to download updates may have changed since the version in your docker ?

Anything I can do/check ?

• 3 months later...

TMM is a great - thanks for creating a docker app, unfortunately I forced an update hoping to get a new version, and now, even after removing the container and starting again, I get the following error in the browser or rdp connection to the container:

"We were unable to download the necessary files after five attempts. You can try running the application again but if fails..<text obscured>" I assume the TMM links used to download updates may have changed since the version in your docker ?

Anything I can do/check ?

Were you able to resolve this? I downloaded it just now for the first time and that is all I am getting.

h_1484162837_2183717_106442efd5.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for diging this old thread up again but can anybody point me in the right direction to where I can find a working docker to TinyMediaManager?

Update:

I have put in a issue on github telling the creator how to fix this. The dockerfile points to a dead link of tmm.

Update 2:

Sorry for ripping open this old threat but just want to say that I have made my own docker based on his and it is running the latest version of tinymediamanager. You can get it by searching for this: henkallsn/tinymediamanager3_nightly

• 2 years later...

Has anyone figured out how to get it to NOT make the 'recycle bin' folders on your /MNT array?  For instance under my /Movie and under /TV Shows I have folders called .deletedByTMM

Either restarting the Docker doesn't remove them.  Stopping the docker and starting the docker doesn't remove them.  I see no way in the options of TMM to remove/disable the recycle bin/trash option.

I can't delete them off the share either.  The only way to delete them is via Krusader.... and then they just re-populate the next time I edit / change something.