Beets container.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just removed the container and image. set EDGE to 1, however am still getting the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/bin/beet", line 9, in <module>

load_entry_point('beets==1.3.10', 'console_scripts', 'beet')()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/beets-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/beets/ui/__init__.py", line 945, in main

_raw_main(args)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/beets-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/beets/ui/__init__.py", line 927, in _raw_main

if subargs[0] == 'config' and ('-e' in subargs or '--edit' in subargs):

IndexError: list index out of range

Was there any other steps that needed to be taken?

I've just removed the container and image. set EDGE to 1, however am still getting the following error

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/beets-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/beets/ui/__init__.py", line 945, in main

_raw_main(args)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/beets-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/beets/ui/__init__.py", line 927, in _raw_main

What command are you running

_raw_main(args)

Also.. are you doing anything with Last.fm... seems a lot of people had this problem and it was a last.fm issue - https://github.com/sampsyo/beets/issues/814

_raw_main(args)

What command are you running

On the original beets install I didn't get an error when running

docker exec beets beet impot

just an response telling me to provide a path. That install didn't work though. After reinstalling with the EDGE variable that same command does throw the error detailed by BretV, however once you put the path in all works fine.

Hi guys,

I completely reinstalled the docker (removed the folder etc) and its now working.

I'll keep using it over the coming days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks everyone for their help and suggestions.

Cheers,

Brett

sounds good.. when I hear back that all is well I'll move it into my main repo.

A GUI for this would be awesome.  I always wondered why they never made one.

There is this, however I've never used it and it doesn't support all the CLI commands but it's a good start.

http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/web.html

Thanks smdion for helping with this docker. I will try to get this running myself soon.

yeah it is very limited but I like the fact it presents you something that users can use before taking the leap to docker exec

A GUI for this would be awesome.  I always wondered why they never made one.

There is this, however I've never used it and it doesn't support all the CLI commands but it's a good start.

http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/web.html

Thanks smdion for helping with this docker. I will try to get this running myself soon.

yeah it is very limited but I like the fact it presents you something that users can use before taking the leap to docker exec

I'll see what I can do.

I can't get the webgui to work.  I add web to the plugins and did the 8337 for the port but I am not getting anything.

Name Image                                 Created         Status / Log                  Ports                                 Volume Mappings

Beets smdion/docker-beets:latest 1 minute ago Up Less than a second 192.168.1.83:8337->8337/tcp /mnt/user/Music/:/opt/downloads/music:rw

/mnt/cache/.apps/transmission/downloads/:/opt/tmp:rw

/mnt/cache/.apps/beets/:/config:rw

Container ID         Status

8d8f20ebfa57 Updated

plugins: fetchart embedart convert scrub replaygain lastgenre chroma web

I can't get the webgui to work.  I add web to the plugins and did the 8337 for the port but I am not getting anything.

Name Image                                 Created         Status / Log                  Ports                                 Volume Mappings

Beets smdion/docker-beets:latest 1 minute ago Up Less than a second 192.168.1.83:8337->8337/tcp /mnt/user/Music/:/opt/downloads/music:rw

/mnt/cache/.apps/transmission/downloads/:/opt/tmp:rw

/mnt/cache/.apps/beets/:/config:rw

Container ID         Status

8d8f20ebfa57 Updated

plugins: fetchart embedart convert scrub replaygain lastgenre chroma web

What's in your logs?

Beets is actually just shutting down.

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower php: /usr/bin/docker start Beets

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower kernel: device veth77e47ea entered promiscuous mode

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower avahi-daemon[1755]: Withdrawing workstation service for vethd73e883.

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower kernel: eth0: renamed from vethd73e883

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth77e47ea) entered forwarding state

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth77e47ea) entered forwarding state

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower php: Beets

Jan 8 17:29:43 Tower php:

Jan 8 17:29:49 Tower avahi-daemon[1755]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth77e47ea.

Jan 8 17:29:49 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth77e47ea) entered disabled state

Jan 8 17:29:49 Tower kernel: device veth77e47ea left promiscuous mode

Jan 8 17:29:49 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth77e47ea) entered disabled state

• 4 weeks later...

I've been running for a couple days now and it seems to be working great! Thanks!

I'm wondering if it's possible to add in this plugin as well.

http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/discogs.html

I looked at the dockerfile and I think all you need to add is

yes | pip install discogs-client && \

somewhere. Not sure exactly how that works. Also I think there's a little more work to be done to get the pyacoustid plugin to work? http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/chroma.html

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to re-import some of the items into beets library and I'm hitting a wall. I read wiki at

http://beets.readthedocs.org/en/latest/guides/advanced.html

but some things require additional explanation.

I use this syntax to import item into library:

docker exec Beets beet import /opt/tmp

Item is correctly imported and added to beets library ==> musiclibrary.blb in config folder. I made some mistakes with certain files I would like re-import them but since they are in the library beets ignores already imported album folders. I tried to remove these items from library (not files but database entries) and when I run command line:

docker exec Beets beet remove QUERY

I receive prompt message "do I want to remove item y/n". Clearly typing ''y'' does nothing and I do not know how to pass this argument to Beets docker. I tried different syntax and all I get are errors.

Please help