Recommend a UPS?

ajgoyt

Since 2006 I used APC for my equipment then one died last year and i replaced it with CYBERPOWER. They make one that puts out a pure sine wave and I like the display it has. Since I run a lot of studio equipment on it seemed like the best choice: AD/DA multitrack converters, Mac Pro, CD/DVD burners, external drives for recording audio and video to, my general backup UnRaid server & etc. So far so good.

Since the native UPS support from UnRAID is for APC devices it would make sense to stick with either APC, or one that's known to work with the APCUPSD plugin that will cleanly shutdown UnRAID in the event of a power outage and your UPS is getting low.

I tend to stick with APC as they are reliable, and I know it will work with the UnRAID plugin.

+1 for APC. An added bonus is that if/when the battery dies, replacement battery is easily obtainable - both brand an unoriginal.

Recently had to replace the battery in my CS350 and there was no problem finding a new one, also at very decent price.

However, I've heard good things about CyberPower and have been tempted a couple of times ;-)

I've used APC for years, I may try the cyperpower one myself. I'm looking for something that works with NUT.

I found a binary for NUT on esx and may use that as the master.

That being said, I was always happy with my used SU1400NET. Battery replacement was easy with that.

However that model required a serial port (Which was on my motherboard anyway).

Archived