Dynamix plugins using beta12

vanstinator

Anyone have any tips/is it even possible to run dynamix plugins on the vanilla beta12? Specifically I'm trying to get Disk Health going so I can get a more detailed view of disk health instead of a little green "thumbs up" icon that is currently in place. I've disabled the check for dynamix on the plugin install but the GUI won't work when i eventually force it to install.

I liked it better to see them ALL on one page for quick problem checking.....

Myk

With the new notification system, you can receive messages and alerts both in your browser or by email.

The idea is to get people informed as soon as something is there to report, without the need to do constant manual checks.

The system isn't perfect yet, but improvements will come.

I liked it better to see them ALL on one page for quick problem checking.....

Myk

We are planning to integrate a feature that would allow you to cycle the disk you are on from within the page of a single disk.

I think the details under each disk make sense and having a way to cycle would be great. But I do think some sort of quick view on the dashboard or even a health icon by each disk would be a nice quality of life enhancement. Frankly I'll probably be completely happy with email notifications telling me when things break but I wouldn't have found disk health on my own where it currently is.

The dashboard shows overall disk health for each disk.  It's called 'SMART status'.  Have a look.

I see that. What I'm saying is while useful adding a link to that disk's health screen or adding a mouse-over showing some abbreviated stats would be hugely beneficial.

Sorry if my tone sounds critical, I'm actually super pumped for this update and I'm very happy with it. Adding dynamix was a great choice. I just see some areas where I have ideas for improvement.

The dashboard shows overall disk health for each disk.  It's called 'SMART status'.  Have a look.

I see that. What I'm saying is while useful adding a link to that disk's health screen or adding a mouse-over showing some abbreviated stats would be hugely beneficial.

Sorry if my tone sounds critical, I'm actually super pumped for this update and I'm very happy with it. Adding dynamix was a great choice. I just see some areas where I have ideas for improvement.

This is a refinement we have been discussing internally as well (making more information accessible while hovering over things in the webgui).  It is a refinement that for higher prioritization, should be posted as a feature request. 

Archived