Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L

WizADSL

Ok, built my unRAID box with the following hardware:

1 Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L MB

1 Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz Dual Core (NOTE: This is NOT a Core2Duo CPU)

2 Kingston KVR800D2N5/1G 1GB Modules

1 Corsair TX-450 PSU

1 SYBA SY-JM363-2S1P PCI-Express 1x Card (2 SATA/1 PATA)

3 Seagate 1.5TB Drives (Don't say it!, They've been very happy and I don't want to make them mad :P)

I'm omitting the case and other nonessential info.

Everything including onboard network and the SYBA card (JMicron chipset) were detected fine.  I have the three Seagates connected as will as an 80gb seagate I had laying around on the SYBA card's PATA interface as a cache drive.  I have all nonessential onboard hardware disabled (Serial port, audio, etc).

I have been running this for about a week, I've run a parity check without errors, but I did not keep the syslog.  I will run another tonight and post the log.  I've added the board to the wiki.

On another note, my power consumption for the above config is 49 watts unspun and 75 watts spinning idle.

Thanks for getting the board added to the wiki.  When you get the syslog posted be sure to add a link back to this page to show level one (or more) compatibility.

Also, while you are being so practive  :) could you possibly take a look at the User Benchmarks Page and get the parity check times form the syslog posted there.

Thanks again

I'll do that.  My parity check came out at 88Mb per sec, but I did watch a TV episode off the array while it was working, plus my first parity check was with v4.4.2, the one I posted was from 4.5b4.  I remember the first one going faster, I'm going to re-run it with NCQ NOT forced off and see.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

A friend is using this board and running into some issues - slow access speed and on large transfers the system becomes unresponsive. Is anyone else using it and if so what BIOS version and did you have to tweak anything? From the looks of this posting the board runs fine and it was on the Wiki as compatible but it's giving my friend fits. I will try to get a syslog etc. from him posted for troubleshooting. TIA!

Edit: Okay, initial parity check done and now speeds are way up in the 20mb/s range - whew! Now we're looking for decently priced PCIx expansion cards for more ports - 6 is nowhere near enough!

all Core2 based cpus and motherboards have built in hardware level power saving features. as long as you leave them all one, it will be using as little power as possible.

The kernel (at least going by the config included in unraid 4.5.1) doesn't have cpu frequency scaling enabled at all. So your cpu, even though it supports it, will always run at full speed.

halt / p stats are more important than frequency. pretty sure last time i looked at my unraid booting there was a whole bunch of power saving stuff coming up. no idea though.

ie i drop from 3GHz to 1GHz for about a 3C drop in temp. i drop the voltage however and it goes down 10C :)

Archived