Issue with user/permissions for some files (root)

kenzo86

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could kindly help. I have a nifty little set-up, thanks to users on the forum where a script running as a cronjob grabs folders from a remote server (lftp) on to the cache drive on my nas, Couchpotato then moves these folders to a share (disk1,2,3, etc).

Occasionally, for some reason or another, CP fails to move the odd folder and its content, and the reason is, it requires "permission from root"  (get this message when trying to edit/delete file manually from explorer). While other folders have moved no problem and are under the user "nobody"  (My unraid only has root user).

I have made sure permissions are  755, but even then I cannot edit the file name or delete in windows explorer. Any ideas why this might be happening and how I can fix it ?

My script includes changing permissions to 755

lftp <<EOF
set ftp:ssl-auth TLS
set ftp:ssl-force true
set ftp:ssl-protect-list yes
set ftp:ssl-protect-data yes
set ssl:verify-certificate off
open -u $login,$pass $host
chmod -R 755 ~/home/seeduser/downloads/sync
mirror -c --use-pget-n=20 --Remove-source-files --log=/var/log/synctorrents_movies.log /home/seeduser/downloads/sync /mnt/user/downloads/complete/movies
quit 0
EOF

One more suggestion, at the end of your script, after you finish running 'lftp', run newperms.

/usr/local/sbin/newperms /mnt/user/downloads/complete/movies

eg:

lftp <<EOF
set ftp:ssl-auth TLS
set ftp:ssl-force true
set ftp:ssl-protect-list yes
set ftp:ssl-protect-data yes
set ssl:verify-certificate off
open -u $login,$pass $host
chmod -R 755 ~/home/seeduser/downloads/sync
mirror -c --use-pget-n=20 --Remove-source-files --log=/var/log/synctorrents_movies.log /home/seeduser/downloads/sync /mnt/user/downloads/complete/movies
quit 0
EOF

/usr/local/sbin/newperms /mnt/user/downloads/complete/movies

Archived